| Mortal Kombat 3 (Jul 13, 1995 prototype)
|| Jul 13, 1995
|| EPROM cartridge
|| 8x, 0-7, MK3 SNES 7/13 0
|| Mortal Kombat 3
|| US Oct 13, 1995|
A prototype of Mortal Kombat 3 for the Nintendo SNES.
- Copyright screen has build date of prototype.
- Sculptured logo in the beginning was replaced by Midway logo in final.
- Minor differences in spelling in Kabal, Sektor, Kano, and Sub-Zero's intros.
- Defeating opponent twice in a row without being hit results in Double Flawless, instead of just a Flawless Victory.
- Can defeat the opponent by holding the Select button.
- Run meter is yellow instead of green.
- End Cast screen does not have any names of the characters.
- Midway Credits screen has different color for programmers names and 2 less names. Steve Beran and Dave Michicich. Dan "Toasty" Forden does not have quotes.
- The ROM does not work on the Snesx9x emulator 1.53 and 1.52, but works perfectly on 1.51, it also works very well on ZSNES and BSNES.