- Feb 14 2019: What Was Once Old Is New Again
- Feb 11 2019: NBA Jam and Atari Jaguar
- Feb 3 2019: A Proto Sandwich
- Jan 27 2019: When You Wish Upon a 32-bit Star
- Jan 20 2019: An Old Can of Worms!
- Jan 1 2019: A Spooky New Years!
- Dec 25 2018: A Merry Eidos Christmas
- Jan 11 2018: F-1 World Grand Prix Prototype (GBC)
- Jan 1 2018: Early Battlecorps Prototype for the Sega CD
- Dec 25 2017: Sonic CD (8/1/93) prototype
- Feb 25 2017: Captain Lang and Mickey Mania Prototypes
- Feb 6 2017: Lion King (SNES)
- Jan 8 2017: Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure Prototype
- Jun 28 2016: Defender of the Universe (Dreamcast) (Ecco month part 2)
- Jun 17 2016: Ecco II - Sentinels of the Universe (Ecco month part 1)
- May 27, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 4
- May 20, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 3
- May 13, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 2
- May 2, 2016: 10 years of Hidden Palace / Final ROM Archive Release Part 1
- Oct 22, 2011: Tomb Raider E3 Demo
- Oct 12, 2011: Miscellanea
- Mar 22, 2011: 15th Anniversary of Resident Evil
- Jul 30, 2010: Stone Protectors Genesis + Super Mario All-stars
- Jul 20, 2010: Sonic Spinball 1910 5/8
- Jul 16, 2010: Sega Art Tool, Sega Sound Tool, GEMS 2.8 ROM
- (earlier news)
The Hidden Palace is a community dedicated to the preservation of video game development media (such as prototypes, hardware, source code, artwork, and more). This website can be utilized as a catalog for the items that we and others are able to collect and share.
If you are interested in contributing, please see our How to Contribute page.
- Psyvariar: Complete Edition (Apr 15, 2003 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Aeon Flux (Nov 18, 1996 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- White Fear (Apr 5, 2002 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Robopon: Sun Version (prototype) by Deoxyz
- Revolution X: Music Is The Weapon (Feb 2, 1996 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Chaos Control (May 29, 1996 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Rise 2: Resurrection (Mar 5, 1996 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- MechAssault 2: LoneWolf (Oct 11, 2004 prototype) by Drac
- Ninja Hattori-kun (prototype) by Togemet2
- Twisted Metal: Black Online (Mar 14, 2003 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces (more)
- Chagosan: 1,996 edits, 939 articles
- Cerv3ro: 320 edits, 257 articles
- Mathuser: 267 edits, 117 articles
- Kiddo: 200 edits, 49 articles
- Icup321: 183 edits, 112 articles
- Divingkataetheweirdo: 174 edits, 164 articles
- Togemet2: 145 edits, 84 articles
- Mr.x: 141 edits, 75 articles
- Cut Into Fourteen Pieces: 136 edits, 332 articles
- Prototector: 113 edits, 78 articles
- Mudkiplegend: 110 edits, 89 articles
- Missile: 100 edits, 75 articles
- Demon: 99 edits, 48 articles (more)
Thanks for contributing!
NBA Jam (Apr 1993 prototype)
First up, NBA Jam for the Sega Mega Drive. This is a pretty early prototype, as it lacks music and most of the modes. It’s very prone to crashing sometimes! Despite being a port of the Arcade version, there are still a few differences to spot in the player profiles and some of the aspects of the gameplay itself. Be sure to check this one out!
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (Sep 26, 1994 prototype)
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (Oct 6, 1994 prototype)
Among the lot were also two Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story prototypes for the Atari Jaguar. These are pretty late, so there a very few differences. The ROM had to be modified with a universal header since these were originally meant for Alpine/ROMULATOR boards.The game only seems to work properly in Phoenix Emulator, as Virtual Jaguar won’t display certain graphics for some reason. Unfortunately, the earliest prototype doesn’t work as it seems to be calling a stub for interfacing with the ROMULATOR. If anyone has experience with getting Atari Jaguar prototypes to work please give this one a shot.
Until next time!