Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 (May 12, 2005 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 (May 12, 2005 prototype)|
|Download Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 (May 12, 2005 prototype) (info)|
|Download Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 (May 12, 2005 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 for the Xbox.
- Compiled a little over three months before the final US build (the first retail release).
- Static Capcom logo.
- No Digital Eclipse FMV.
- Missing CAPCOM trademark information on the title screen with different Press Start icon.
- No post title screen FMV.
- No Capcom Extras on the main menu.
- None of the games use animated preview images in this build. Every game utilizes a static image instead.
- Different menu select sound effects.
- No option to view the credits list for the collection itself.
- No option to view Options, High Scores, or Bonuses per game.
- When loading a game, the loading screen doesn't show you the controller layout and instead often times just includes a static image of the main menu screen.
- Sound emulation is poor across every game in the collection.
- The following games are not playable in this build. Each of their entries have "Coming Soon !!" text over both the title screen snapshot and the game's description and cannot be selected. However, boot executables and subsequent data for each game is present:
- Bionic Commando
- Exed Exes
- Ghouls'n Ghosts
- Legendary Wings
- Pirate Ship Higemaru
- Son Son
- Street Fighter 2
- SF2 Champion Edition
- The following games are playable in this build by normal means through the main menu:
- 1943 Kai
- Final Fight
- Forgotten Worlds
- Ghosts'n Goblins
- Section Z
- SF2 Hyper Fighting
- Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
- Some games have tester menus for enabling cheats and savestates.
- XBE information:
- Internal Name: Capcom Classics
- Maker ID and Product Number: MW-32
- Executable Name: default.xbe
- Executable checksum (MD5): 82b673e59afa35f0696a6250112481f6
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (CXBX) (as of September 12, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Xbox - Capcom Classics Collection preview.jpeg
|Xbox - Capcom Classics Collection preview.bin||File||2021-03-11 08:59:42||1.95 GB||420c41e0f04d4cc204b2783ec79802e2d1c142d0|
|Xbox - Capcom Classics Collection preview.cue||File||2021-03-11 08:59:43||107 bytes||00c75ab7e6ba7f824808c4329d0f5bd099388616|
|Xbox - Capcom Classics Collection preview.jpeg||File||2021-04-09 22:13:31||2.98 MB||a82900395ddccf41a8d2c4912d132cc72789cbb2|
A huge thanks to ehw for researching this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!
- Project Deluge: Xbox and Dreamcast (September 18, 2021)
- The Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)