|Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012, Dec 2011 prototype)
||Dec 20, 2011 15:54:02
||Dumped, not released
||Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)
|| PlayStation 3
||US Oct 30, 2012|
EU November 2, 2012
This build shows a VERY different version of Most Wanted. This version was supposed to have an actual storyline, as well as weapons (known as Most Wanted Tech). Two weapons work in this build, spike strips and a blinding light known as Arc Light.
- The game's logo was more Most Wanted 2005-esque.
- The game had a main menu system.
- The unused BMW video from the final was used in the options menu and race selection screen.
- The license plates were reused from Hot Pursuit 2010 at one point.
- The cop cars look different here.
- Rain was cut.
- There were fully working windshield wipers. Not even the newer NFS games feature this, despite the fact they all feature rain (NFS 2015 even rained constantly like this!)
- The HUD is completely different. It had more of a red-ish look to it, the speedometer was changed from analog to digital, a boost gauge was changed into boost bars, the map had more a circular look to it (so did the heat level), a rearview mirror was cut, and so was a Busted / Evade meter.
- Bounty from Most Wanted '05 and Hot Pursuit 2010 was cut and likely replaced by SpeedPoints.
- Takedown sequences had a cutscene, and the HUD showed info on what type of takedown it was, and also where it took place (e.g. like Columbus Avenue seen in the video)
- The Columbus Avenue just mentioned became one of the streets leading up to the Bloomguard Mall in the final, while here it curves away from the mall. The mall also seemingly doesn't exist here.
- Half of Hughes Park is seemingly missing here.
- The end of a pursuit showed a results screen type of thing, while the final doesn't have this.
- It was possible to "wreck" cars here by crashing too much.
- The damage models look different.