Super Monkey Ball Jr. (Aug 6, 2002 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Super Monkey Ball Jr. (Aug 6, 2002 prototype)|
|Download Super Monkey Ball Jr. (Aug 6, 2002 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Super Monkey Ball Jr. for the Game Boy Advance.
- A build dating to over two months before the earliest final build.
- "JR" and the trademark symbol are missing from the logo on the legal screen.
- The Realism logo is different.
- "Build 14" is written at the top-right of the screen on the title screen.
- Trademark symbol is missing from the title screen. "Press START" is written as "PRESS START".
- Options menu contains an "Advanced Options" menu containing the ability to change the draw distance, screen resolution, show the framerate and unlock everything.
- Some menu elements are placed very slightly differently on-screen.
- This is also true for some of the text elements on the screens shown between levels during gameplay.
- Some text differences.
- "Preparing game data" instead says "Initialising game data".
- "Play points received" is incorrectly spelled as "Play points recieved" on the ending screen.
- Some sprite differences.
- The "P1" sprite does not change outline colour when selecting a character.
- The "START" sprite that shows where the player starts in a stage is written in full caps rather than small caps, and is fully red instead of being shaded yellow-red.
- The sparkles released by the ball when finishing a stage look more like smoke.
- The ball doesn't travel upwards off the screen when finishing a level.
- The text in the credits has a number of differences.
- For example, "Development Team (Realism/Creations)" is credited as "Realism Development Team".
|Super Monkey Ball Jr. (Aug 6, 2002 prototype).gba||ROM file||2019-12-26 22:53:44||8 MB||ROM file.||717e644a198776c45d1978d9616536f789bb3607|
Special thanks to Frank Cifaldi at the Video Game History Foundation and the anonymous donor for this part of the lot! A huge thanks to ehw, Hwd45 for researching this prototype!
- New Years 2022 (January 1, 2022)
- The Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)
- Video Game History Foundation (VGHF)