The Need for Speed (Jan 10, 1996 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Need for Speed (Jan 10, 1996 prototype)|
|Download The Need for Speed (Jan 10, 1996 prototype) (info)|
|Download The Need for Speed (Jan 10, 1996 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of The Need for Speed for the PlayStation.
- Compiled 36 days before all 3 main retail versions
- Without any logo animations, it shows an FMV not seen in the final (which begins by showing a poster).
- Then it goes straight to the main menu, without the title or loading screens.
- High tendency to freeze/hang randomly
- Main menu has different control symbol layout, and they're misaligned.
- No main menu music
- Some different menu options
- Options has a language setting. Changing this makes the Credits item change to "991 NSX"
- Different car label/names
- Pre-race loading screen can corrupt, but the game doesn't crash
- No music during races
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Game contains debugging symbols: N/A
- Dump was originally scrambled: No
|PSX - NFS alpha 10 01-09-96 Test Copy.img||File||2020-12-15 13:10:57||457.05 MB||c1b08cdb3ba8d8d2dab2511a03a6970dfb51836a|
|PSX - NFS alpha 10 01-09-96 Test Copy.cue||File||2020-12-15 12:59:07||101 bytes||b11e8109f9f57e7c05c2b0f3712c86c796c4cec9|
|PSX - NFS alpha 10 01-09-96 Test Copy.ccd||File||2020-12-15 12:59:06||773 bytes||f1ff75b45c1fb9f7979efc3cf9d06ff2986d49ac|
|PSX - NFS alpha 10 01-09-96 Test Copy.sub||File||2020-12-15 13:11:29||18.66 MB||31f2ac91192d818a99afcdd955b00d03636a2eea|
|PSX - NFS alpha 10 01-09-96 Test Copy.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 12:13:00||1.61 MB||1bcc66a8680e21df4d36028511649eeb7f98edce|
A huge thanks to Iniche for doing the initial research on this prototype!