Tom vs. Jerry: The Chase is On! (Apr 28, 1995 prototype)
(Redirected from Tom vs. Jerry - The Chase is On! (Apr 28, 1995 prototype))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Tom vs. Jerry: The Chase is On! (Apr 28, 1995 prototype)|
|Download Tom vs. Jerry: The Chase is On! (Apr 28, 1995 prototype) (info)|
A late prototype of the unreleased Tom vs. Jerry: The Chase is On! (also known as Tom & Jerry 2 or Tom vs. Jerry in some previews) for the SNES.
- Published by Hi Tech Expressions and developed by Software Creations Ltd. It was canceled when Ted Turner bought Hanna-Barbera in 1991 along with many other Hanna-Barbera projects being canceled. However, it's also possible that the game was canceled along with many other Hi Tech Expressions projects because of a possible company closure that same year.
- A similar PCB was discovered in another collector's possession that was dumped with a Retrode 2. That dump was compared with this build and it is a 1:1 match. As such, this has been confirmed to be a good dump.
- Build date was found within the ROM near the header.
- At the title screen, you can bring up a level select by pressing Y, X, B, X, B, A with Controller 1 (found by KungFuKirby). Pressing Select+Start instantly clears the level, and pressing L+R instantly gives you a game over.
- In comparison to the July 11, 1994 prototype, this build contains:
- A different title screen that includes a proper title ("TOM VS JERRY THE CHASE IS ON!" instead of simply "TOM & JERRY"), a trademark symbol, and a high score count. The title screen also lacks the animation test for Tom that was featured in the earlier prototype.
- Gameplay demos after the title screen.
- Level intro title cards.
- The score count is gray in this prototype whereas it's red in the earlier prototype.
- The heart icons that indicate health are closer together in this prototype.
- More, shorter levels, but with many segments.
- The level concludes when Jerry reaches the end of the level.