Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Jul 10, 2000 prototype)
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Jul 10, 2000 prototype)|
|Download Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (Jul 10, 2000 prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
An NTSC-U preview of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 for the Sony PlayStation. Built 32 days before the release version.
- Aside from the Activision and Neversoft intro videos, as well as the level select previews, there are no FMV's in this build.
- The intro movies match the ones from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (1999).
- 2 Player is called Multiplayer in the main menu.
- Though being built four days after the Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX demo used in the final game, this build does not include it.
- The hidden characters and levels can only be accessed via cheat code, even if the game is completed by normal means.
- You can create five instead of four custom skaters in this build.
- A few objects in the Park Editor would later be changed, renamed or removed from the final.
- Some pre-built custom parks are simply named "Aaron" and "Blank".
- The level select menu uses the video previews created for the E3 demo.
- A few levels are in a slightly buggy state.
- Even when the helicopter has taken off in Hangar, the player would sometimes bump against some invisible collision data on that spot.
- School II has a bad case of texture bleeding, and trying to enter the gym from the Gonz rail entrance after leaving from the other door, causes the inside not to load.
- At the starting point inside the helicopter in Hawaii, most of the time the player either falls just slightly behind the roll into the water or immediately struggles with the impending Big Drop.
- In similar fashion to the previous Pro Skater installment, obtaining cash pick-ups count as points.
- A few goal items have different placements.
- Some sounds in the game haven't undergone leveling yet, so they may appear much louder than others.
- Also, the internal sound engine only outputs the left channel of the XA track, albeit it being stereo in the actual file on the disc.
- An unedited version of "Subculture" by Styles of Beyond is used in this build. The final game cuts the organ-only intro. A fact worthy of mention, since this song has never been commercially released on CD.
- This build has an early version of the game credits intact. Viewing them causes the game to lock you inside the options menu and render any attempt at exiting it impossible.
In addition to having an extra set of debug cheats enabled, most of the codes used in this build have slightly different inputs than the final game. Other than adding a few new ones, the debug codes either match the ones used in earlier builds or have been slightly altered.
To enter these codes, either navigate to the in-game pause or main menu, hold down L1 and enter the code. A shaking pause screen/rotating wheel will confirm a successful entry.
|Always full special meter||X, Triangle, Circle, Circle, Up, Left, Triangle||XTCCULT|
|Add 2000$ to Cash Total||Down, Left, Circle, Down, Left, Circle||DLR DLR|
|Autotest||Triangle, Up, Square, Triangle, Up, Right||TUSTUR||Once activated, the test cycle cannot be interrupted.|
|Color configuration||X, Left, Up, X||XLUX||Not working in this build.|
|Clear game w/ current skater||Circle, Left, Up, Right, Circle, Left, Up, Right||CLUR CLUR|
|Debug panel and build date||Down, Down, Triangle, Down, Down, Triangle||DDT DDT|
|Disco mode||Down, Up, Square, Circle, Up||DUSCU|
|End competition heat 1st place||Square, Circle, Right, Square, Circle, Right||SCR SCR|
|End run||Circle, Up, Triangle, Circle, Up, Triangle||CUT CUT|
|Flip level||X, Up, Triangle, X, Up, Triangle||XUT XUT|
|FPS counter and stat info||Down, Up, Left, Left, Down, Up, Left, Left||DULL DULL||During gameplay, hold down L2 to temporarily remove the stat info from the display.|
|Kid mode||Circle, Up, Up, Left||CUUL|
|Perfect balance||Right, Up, Left, Square||RULS|
|Replay save destination||Right, Circle, Right, Down, Right, Circle, Right, Down||RCRDRCRD||This code activates a function to change the behavior, where by default, replays are saved to a memory card,
to be saved onto an attached dev kit/computer instead.
Since this code originates from THPS1, this particular build is missing this function.
|Score times 10||Triangle, X, Triangle, Up, Down, Up||TXTUDU|
|Screenshots||Circle, Up, Left, Left, Square||CULLS||The camera configuration seems to work in 2-Player mode only and can be activated in-game by pressing SELECT.
The game will freeze and the camera can be moved with the following inputs using Controller 2:
|Square, Circle, Right, X||SCRX|
|Skater gains weight||X(x4), Left||XXXX L|
|Skater loses weight||X(x4), Square||XXXX S|
|Skip to restart||Square, Circle, Up, Down, X||SCUDX|
|Slow motion||Square, Left, Up(x3)||SLUUU|
|Stats at 3||Down, Up, Down, X, Square||DUD XS|
|Stats at 5||Up, Square, Triangle, Up, Down||U STUD|
|Stats at 6||Down, Square, Triangle, Up, Down||D STUD|
|Stats at 7||Left, Square, Triangle, Up, Down||L STUD|
|Stats at 8||Right, Square, Triangle, Up, Down||R STUD|
|Stats at 9||Circle, Square, Triangle, Up, Down||C STUD|
|Stats at 10||X, Square, Triangle, Up, Down||X STUD|
|Stats at 13||X(x3), Square, Triangle, Up, Down||XXX STUD|
|Toggle blood||Right, Up, Square, Triangle||RUST|
|Toggle HUD||Square, Left, Up, Triangle||SLUT||Ending a run in ether a timed mode or while a combo is ongoing, can cause the game to softlock.|
|Unlock all levels||Triangle, Right, Up, Square, Triangle, Right, Up, Left, Square||TRUSTRULS|
|Unlock all skaters||Square, Circle, Right, Triangle, Circle, Right, Circle, Triangle, Right||SCRTCRCTR||Although the code is registered in the pause menu, for some reason it will only work when it's entered in the main menu.|
|Enable McSqeeb||800B6FC0 0000|
|Enable Officer Dick||800B87A4 0001|
|Enable Private Carrera||800B88F8 0001|
|Enable Spider-Man||800B8A4C 0001|
A huge thanks to Quazz for donating toward this release!