Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (Mar 8, 2002 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (Mar 8, 2002 prototype)|
|Download Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (Mar 8, 2002 prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
A prototype of Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos for the PC.
- You need set date back in 2002, if you run it, you may receive message in future year: This version of the Warcraft III Beta has expired.
- Changed logo Warcraft 3 Alpha to Warcraft 3 RoC final version.
- Blizzard logo is removed on the left.
*Warning* - Mouse buttons for using and picking up items from inventory slots have switched. Left-click uses the item and right-click picks the item up. *Items can now be swapped between inventory slots. *New formation pathing. *Units no longer overlap while moving in groups. *Entangled Gold Mine needs Wisps inside to harvest gold.
- Druid of the Talon
- Peasant Militia
ABILITY ADDITIONS & CHANGES
- Orc Pillage [Peon, Grunt, and Raider] - A passive ability that adds resources to the player when affected units attack enemy buildings.
- Human Call To Arms [Peasants] - Peasants can now temporarily turn into "Militia" units to defend your town from attacks. You can swap them from Peasant to Militia at the Town Hall at any time. After some time has passed, your Militia unit will tire of war and revert back to a Peasant.
- Hide [Archer, Huntress, and the Hero Priestess of the Moon] - This night- only ability causes affected units to stop executing their current orders and to ignore targets, activating Shadowmeld (Invisibility). If attacked, the "hiding" unit will respond.
- Renew [Wisp] - Heals Ancients and mechanical units.
- Faerie Fire [Druid of the Talon] - Reduces an enemy target's armor and allows the unit to be spied upon for the duration of the spell.
- Cyclone [Druid of the Talon] - Immobilizes enemy target temporarily.
- Roar [Druid of the Claw] - Increases attack damage for all units within area of effect.
- Rejuvenation [Druid of the Claw] - Quickly recovers lost hit points on affected friendly units.
- Sentinel [Huntress] - Sends a detector owl companion to a nearby tree to provide vision. Each Huntress only has one owl.
- Healing Ward [Witch Doctor] - Heals all friendly units within area-of-effect.
- Cripple [Necromancer] - Reduces enemy target's movement speed, attack speed, and damage for duration of spell.
- Pulverize [Tauren] - Gives the Tauren a chance of dealing area-of-effect damage on their attacks.
- Flare [Mortar Team] - Each Mortar Team has one flare that can be used to reveal an area of the map for a short duration of time.
- Bash [Hero Mountain King] - While the Mountain King is attacking, he has a chance of dealing extra damage, which stuns an opponent.
- Unholy Aura [Hero Death Knight] - Increases movement and attack speed for all friendly units within range.
- War Stomp [Hero Tauren Chieftain] - Stuns and damages any enemy units within the area of effect.
- Feral Spirit [Hero Far Seer] - Transforms a friendly unit into a Spirit Wolf for a period of time.
- Scout [Hero Priestess Of The Moon] - Sends an owl to scout an increasingly larger area of the map based on ability level.
- Orc Burrows are now Orc "farms" that will attack when Peons are loaded into them.
- Orc Watch Tower - A static structure that can attack both ground and air units.
- Lumber Mill and Forge have been combined into a War Mill serving both functions.
- The Mage Tower has been removed from the game. The Arcane Sanctum now has both structures' uprades and units.
- Bear Den is no longer in the game. The Den's upgrades are now on the Ancient of Lore.
- Gargoyle Spire no longer exists.
- All defensive buildings except Spirit Towers have been strengthened.
- Many of the smaller buildings no longer have a "buffer" around them so you can use them to block off areas of your town.
- Research in Sacrificial Pit now in Temple of the Damned.
- Heroes now start with a skill point at level 1.
- Heroes' max level is now 10.
- Heroes gain experience at a slightly slower rate.
- Most maps no longer have low level creep camps outside start locations.
- Unit attack speeds have been decreased.
- Artillery attacks cause damage to friendly units.
- Orbs can now be used by ranged Heroes.
- Raise dead is no longer on by default due to many players' accidentally raising Skeletons from their Graveyard.
- Bear Form costs more mana to cast.
- Frost Wyrms do more damage to their target, but less splash damage.
- Sleep spell has lower duration, higher cooldown and higher mana cost.
- Disease Cloud does more damage, but will not directly kill affected unit.
- Caster units are generally lower on the tech tree now.
- Grunts are now 3 food and the most powerful early melee unit in the game.
- Headhunters have a new regeneration upgrade and will be gaining the Berserk ability.
- Tauren are now 6 food and by far the most powerful melee unit.
- Tauren Pulverize replaces Warstomp and does area-of-effect damage.
- Tauren Totem now builds Tauren.
- Healing Ward spell added to the Witch Doctor (replaces Ancestral Guardian).
- Rifleman are now 3 food (hp boost mainly).
- Human Farms now give 6 food, but are much cheaper.
- Mortar teams are 3 food. They do a bigger area of effect damage then other artillery.
- Artillery units improved versus units.
- Haunted Gold Mines cheaper.
- Artillery units take up 2 spaces inside Zeppelins.
- Lumber Harvesting upgrade is much better now.
- Treants from the Force of Nature spell are better.
- Searing Arrows is slightly weaker.
- Web will now prevent the target from attacking.
- Critical Strike changed slightly. Damage now increases with level of spell, but his frequency of using it stays constant.
- Gargoyles are now immune to hostile spells while in Stoneform.
MANY MORE CHANGES . . .