Area 51 (Jul 23, 2004 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Area 51 (Jul 23, 2004 prototype)|
|Download Area 51 (Jul 23, 2004 prototype) (info)|
|Download Area 51 (Jul 23, 2004 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Area 51 for the Xbox.
- Compiled around 9 and a half months before the final US build.
- This is a demo build that would later be included on OXM Demo Disc 37.
- The game initially boots to a XBE launcher.
- Missing all the opening FMVs and menus.
- Different title screen.
- Different HUD.
- Different gameplay mechanics.
- Different level design and layouts.
- An unused level titled The Hot Zone can be accessed via hex editing. Open Files.000 in a hex editor and replace 01_LevelBlue_SL1-2 with 01_LevelBlue_SL1-1 at 0x2A4726B.
- XBE information:
- Internal Name: Area51
- Maker ID and Product Number: MW-005
- Executable Name: Area51.xbe
- Executable checksum (MD5): d454313c2f8d4e80995aafbcafd28e83
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (Xemu) (as of September 12, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|Xbox - A51.bin||File||2021-03-09 06:42:10||3.65 GB||207cf8b83e1cfacdd27c3cb5a4a5b68b6eeb968d|
|Xbox - A51.cue||File||2021-03-09 06:42:10||76 bytes||2340fa6c13aa315dbacca8e338910a9a3f788d38|
|Xbox - A51.jpeg||File||2021-04-09 22:12:38||3.45 MB||068a1fbe8c1b3ba280eada0ad1176d9cd1f70a71|
A huge thanks to ehw for researching this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!
- Project Deluge: Xbox and Dreamcast (September 18, 2021)
- The Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)