Contra: Shattered Soldier (May 8, 2002 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Contra: Shattered Soldier (May 8, 2002 prototype)|
|Download Contra: Shattered Soldier (May 8, 2002 prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
|Download Contra: Shattered Soldier (May 8, 2002 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Contra: Shattered Soldier for the PlayStation 2.
- Small demo with two levels
- The options menu cannot be entered
- After beating the first stage, it takes the player directly to the second (a cut scene plays, followed by returning to the stage select menu in the final).
- It seems, there is no way to get "Cleared" at "Select mission" screen.
- Completing the second stage takes the player back to the main menu.
- On the results screen, "Lost Remaining Life" in the final is instead "Lost Remaining Player" in the prototype.
- You always start with 9 lives and 0 credits.
- Stage 2 directly begins in the tunnel segment, the Hit Rate system ajusts to this
- Music is slightly different in the tunnel.
- Uncertain enemy HP changes (may be due to the hitbox of the Charged shot not being aimed properly) UPDATE: Some are confirmed.
- Jetpack enemies during the snowboard section die in one charged shot instead of two (confirmed)
- The worm's core during the snowboard section dies in 4 hits (in the regular game, it dies in two). It might actually be weaker, in fact, instead of stronger.
- Bikers in the tunnel segment die in 1 charged shot, they take two hits in the normal game (confirmed)
- The flying robot in the tunnel segments only shots 3 lasers before charging at you (in the full game, it shots 6)
- The machine gun turret on the train is weaker in the prototype.
- The second phase of the stage 2 boss takes less damage to defeat.
- Relevant enemy mobs (IE, Snipers or shielded enemies) are all blue colored instead of white
- Stage 1's final boss has dead, pupil-less eyes
- -The sound effect for the death of the worm mini-boss in stage 1 is different. The sound that plays during the crumbling/shattering sequence in the final instead plays immediately when the boss is defeated in the prototype.
- The mosquitoes near the end of stage 1 appear slightly different, and have a different buzzing sound.
- Mr Heli Robo has a different cannon-charging sound effect.
- The face of the stage boss's second phase has a different colored tongue. It's darker and white/thrush-spotted. Also, the boss is completely still and motionless shortly after dying in the prototype, whereas it continues to writhe in the final.
- Game Over menu has only "End" item.
- There are no plot cutscenes.
- In the stage select, the background design is different. The stage labels are also different (black plate with blue border, and white font in the prototype; silver plate with red border, and red font in the final).
- This black and blue color is how the mission stays cleared in the final game
- Different motorcyclist that confronts the player.
- Two EDC errors exist in a large gap between sectors 500 and 50000 where no data exists. Doesn't affect anything.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|PS2 - Contra Shattered Soldier E3 V.1.00.bin||File||2020-05-25 18:21:55||710.64 MB||b7ed6fe2ca8e4872651f7e9197a1a284f2cd5223|
|PS2 - Contra Shattered Soldier E3 V.1.00.cue||File||2020-05-25 17:59:24||106 bytes||bd0cbff29b54a669ba2adae4f9e9fbb9f8ad2928|
|PS2 - Contra Shattered Soldier E3 V.1.00.jpeg||File||2020-05-27 15:23:47||1.44 MB||d9510cc5666179063beeda6f569db9a8c9b906a6|
A huge thanks to Drac, Digital Warrior, Zoda-Y13 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!
- Project Deluge: PlayStation 2 (Initial Announcement Article) (March 20, 2021)
- [https://tcrf.net/The_Cutting_Room_Floor Cutting Room