Crazy Taxi (Apr 20, 2001 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 00:58, March 21, 2021 by Hidden Palace (Text replacement - "for researching this prototype!" to "for doing the initial research on this prototype!")
|Crazy Taxi (Apr 20, 2001 prototype)|
|Download Crazy Taxi (Apr 20, 2001 prototype) (info)|
|Download Crazy Taxi (Apr 20, 2001 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Crazy Taxi for the PlayStation 2.
- This is an NTSC-U review build from about a week before the final game.
- The most noticeable difference is that some of the menu sprites were tweaked slightly before the final release.
- For example, the kerning on "CABBIE" in the Crazy Box menu is slightly less even than in the final.
- Most files are marked with timestamps from about a week earlier than final - it seems most of these files were not modified though
- A few files are present that are not present in the final game:
- In the root directory: USBD.IRX
- In /RES/SPRITES/: SPRTIT~1.ALL, SPRTIT~2.ALL, SPRTIT~3.ALL
- In /RES/MAIN/, both MPEGNTSC.ALL and MPEGPAL.ALL are present rather than only whichever corresponds to the game's region.
- A number of files changed filesize somewhat indicating minor tweaks:
- In /RES/ADS/: MUSIC.STR, VOICE.STR
- In /RES/POL/: POLDC3.ALL
- In /RES/SPRITES/: SPRCOMM.ALL, SPRMENG.ALL, SPRMENU.ALL, SPRMFRE.ALL, SPRMSPA.ALL
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|PS2 - Crazy Taxi 4.30.01 ver 20.img||File||2020-05-11 12:06:13||715.15 MB||8ba409eb4e729c460519680aa95dd8ac9830ea06|
|PS2 - Crazy Taxi 4.30.01 ver 20.cue||File||2020-05-11 11:51:03||95 bytes||344d5fd20d2babaf1656f21e6d6ef3728b96d0cd|
|PS2 - Crazy Taxi 4.30.01 ver 20.ccd||File||2020-05-11 11:51:02||772 bytes||ce635a80c51e43d8ac0d458da634ebd07b25937b|
|PS2 - Crazy Taxi 4.30.01 ver 20.sub||File||2020-05-11 17:44:40||29.19 MB||3c6a4a939b77a35784401bfec6e82d6df3d04e62|
|PS2 - Crazy Taxi 4.30.01 ver 20.jpeg||File||2020-05-21 15:38:20||1.16 MB||bc56948de28cbaf347eb8cea6867c11d481c649f|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!
- Project Deluge: PlayStation 2 (Initial Announcement Article) (March 20, 2021)
- Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)