Crazy Taxi (Apr 8, 2001 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 01:02, March 21, 2021 by Hidden Palace (Text replacement - "for researching this prototype!" to "for doing the initial research on this prototype!")
|Crazy Taxi (Apr 8, 2001 prototype)|
|Download Crazy Taxi (Apr 8, 2001 prototype) (info)|
|Download Crazy Taxi (Apr 8, 2001 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Crazy Taxi for the PlayStation 2.
- This is a late NTSC-U build from just under three weeks before the final game.
- "Version : 0.4.8" appears at the top of the screen at all times, and "WORK IN PROGRESS SUBMISSION - ACCLAIM - CONFIDENTIAL" appears at the bottom.
- Some of the menu sprites were tweaked slightly before the final release.
- For example, the kerning on "CABBIE" in the Crazy Box menu is slightly less even than in the final.
- The text on the "Try Again?" screen is strangely squashed.
- On the Crazy Box menu, the "CLEARED" symbol is lighter red in colour and is displayed underneath the mission number. In the final, the "CLEARED" symbol is on top and a darker red.
- A number of passenger voice lines were re-recorded.
- Once a song starts playing, it will continue to loop until the game is over, rather than randomly switching between different songs.
- The credits sequence appears to be absent - should the player unlock the credits, the credits song will play but the screen will go completely black for its duration.
- The name input screen that appears after the credits has a more basic and empty background and is missing the cabbie photo.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|PS2 - Crazy Taxi 0.4.8.bin||File||2020-10-25 09:44:08||174.54 MB||e179c0e9165e884d0ef04e809720309c4605aeff|
|PS2 - Crazy Taxi 0.4.8.cue||File||2020-10-25 09:44:09||88 bytes||019a08f53d552b55719a7e101a9093052be94941|
|PS2 - Crazy Taxi 0.4.8.jpeg||File||2020-10-25 15:07:07||1.02 MB||b037845329f780835dd214fe87b49aa58b846822|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!
- Project Deluge: PlayStation 2 (Initial Announcement Article) (March 20, 2021)
- Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)