A debug prototype of Hot Wheels: World Race for the PC.
|Hot Wheels: World Race (May 12, 2003 prototype)
||May 12, 2003 at 14:08:37
||Anonymous User, Ziimbiian
|File release date
||May 3, 2021
||possibly a CD-R from Climax's offices
||Climax Brighton employees (2003-2020), Anonymous User (2019-2020), Ziimbiian and Glitchedblood (2020-Present)
||Hot Wheels: World Race
||October 29, 2003
The Cutting Room Floor research
- Only works with Microsoft's .NET Framework. Select the hotwheelsD2 application to start it up. Tap the "P" key to access the menus.
- Very unstable, crashes if you move out of the window.
- Uses the unused "Boy_Band.BOG" image for the title screen.
- There are only 15 cars and 10 tracks, similar to the Game Boy Advance version.
- Car selection screen is 3D models of the cars spinning instead of a video of the cars driving on a track.
- There is no sound or music in this build, but information in the MUSIC XML file states that some levels have the Wave Rippers and Scorchers theme as a placeholder.
- Options are limited to only one menu and that's Quick Race.
- Selecting a track crashes the application.
- All other executables have loads of BOG error messages and will not start up.
- The game's name in this build was originally had the full title Hot Wheels: Highway 35 - World Race, but the word Highway 35 in the game's name was removed before release. Other early builds have this name as well.
- Most of the BOG graphics and menu styles were taken from previous builds, like the currently undumped March 31, 2003 prototype.
- Final build date unknown at the moment.
- Despite being a PC build, it has PlayStation 2 buttons for some reason.
- This build comes along with an unknown debugging number function at the bottom of the screen.
- At this point of development, Challenge Mode hasn’t been implemented in yet.
- Special thanks to Ziimbian for dumping this build, and a huge thanks to Glitchedblood for doing the initial and internal research on this prototype!