- Feb 26 2020: Spyro the Dragon (Prototype)
- Feb 15 2020: Death Track (Unreleased Game Boy Port)
- Jan 1 2020: Holiday 2019 (Day 8) - Super Star Wars (Canceled Mega Drive Port)
- Dec 31 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 7) - Flintstones
- Dec 30 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 6) - Putty Squad and Mega Drive Treats
- (earlier news)
The Hidden Palace is a community dedicated to the preservation of video game development media (such as prototypes, hardware, source code, artwork, and more). This website can be utilized as a catalog for the items that we and others are able to collect and share.
If you are interested in contributing, please see our How to Contribute page.
- Might and Magic IX (Late 2001 Prototype) by Silence
- Cipher Complex (Feb 23, 2009 prototype) by Mrpinball64
- WATCH DOGS (Mar 26, 2014 prototype) by Mrpinball64
- WATCH DOGS (Feb 18, 2014 prototype) by Mrpinball64
- WATCH DOGS (Jan 15, 2014 prototype) by Mrpinball64
- WATCH DOGS (Sep 21, 2013 prototype) by Mrpinball64
- WATCH DOGS (Aug 12, 2013 prototype) by Mrpinball64
- Jak II (Aug 18, 2003 prototype) by Luminar
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Feb 16, 1999 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Jan 23, 1999 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces (more)
- 13,658: User:Evilhamwizard edits, 0 articles
- 6,026: User:Drx edits, 0 articles
- 1,996: User:Chagosan edits, 0 articles
- 554: User:Lemurboy12 edits, 0 articles
- 333: User:Togemet2 edits, 0 articles
- 322: User:Cerv3ro edits, 0 articles
- 269: User:Mathuser edits, 0 articles
- 262: User:Kiddo edits, 0 articles
- 187: User:Divingkataetheweirdo edits, 0 articles
- 183: User:Icup321 edits, 0 articles
- 145: User:John1980 edits, 0 articles
- 142: User:Fake shemp edits, 0 articles
- 141: User:Mr.x edits, 0 articles
- 136: Cut Into Fourteen Pieces edits, 0 articles
- 124: User:Hiccup edits, 0 articles (more)
Thanks for contributing!
- Failed to load RSS feed from http://hiddenpalace.org/forums/feed.php?mode=topics: Error parsing XML for RSS
The Jungle Book (WCES 1994 prototype)
Adventure Island III (Prototype)
Spirou (Mega Drive Prototype)
Tintin in Tibet (Prototype)
NHLPA Hockey 93 (Alternate build)
Discuss this release on the boards here!
First up, we have a very nice prototype of Disney’s The Jungle Book for the Sega Mega Drive! This prototype was featured at the Winter Consumer Electronics Show in 1994, which was hosted around the first week of January that same year. The game would be released that summer within the same year in both Europe and the United States. The prototype was rediscovered in the same German magazine lot that brought you Atmosfear and the two Tom VS. Jerry prototypes. This prototype contains many differences in comparison to the final - from cut enemies, alternate level layouts and designs, gameplay mechanics, graphics, and more! Be sure to check this one out!
These next four items came from DillyDylan’s lot. We have a somewhat late PAL prototype of Adventure Island III for the NES. This game was never released in Europe, but was given to magazines in Europe for review/preview for some reason.
Next we have a prototype of Tintin in Tibet for the Sega Mega Drive. The differences seem to consist of mainly code but there’s evidence of some differences in the game’s text as well. What other differences can you find?
Next we have a late prototype of Spirou for the Sega Mega Drive. This prototype is fairly late and seems to only contain minor code changes.
This next one is a bit of an oddity. This build of NHLPA Hockey ‘93 for the Sega Mega Drive is almost identical to the second revision that was released, but contains a few differences in the header and toward the end of the ROM. This might be a possible release candidate that was made before the final second revision was submitted for print.
That’s all for now! Be sure to check in next time for some more prototype goodness.
Until next time!