- Jun 8 2019: Universal Wrestling Corporation (Unreleased NES game)
- May 5 2019: The Jungle Book + Some Extra Goodies
- Apr 20 2019: Tom Vs. Jerry: The Chase is On
- Apr 7 2019: Atmosfear / NightMare
- Mar 31 2019: Dreamcast Month Part 4 - Ecco the Dolphin
- Mar 24 2019: Dreamcast Month Part 3 - Tony Hawk & Stunt GP
- Mar 18 2019: Dreamcast Month Part 2 - Sonic Adventure 2 Review
- Mar 10 2019: Dreamcast Month Part 1 - Internet Game Pack
- Mar 6 2019: Pinocchio SNES
- Feb 24 2019: Star Wars & Star Trek
- Feb 17 2019: Doom Troopers And Some More SNES
- Feb 14 2019: What Was Once Old Is New Again
- Feb 11 2019: NBA Jam and Atari Jaguar
- Feb 3 2019: A Proto Sandwich
- Jan 27 2019: When You Wish Upon a 32-bit Star
- Jan 20 2019: An Old Can of Worms!
- Jan 1 2019: A Spooky New Years!
- Dec 25 2018: A Merry Eidos Christmas
- Jan 11 2018: F-1 World Grand Prix Prototype (GBC)
- Jan 1 2018: Early Battlecorps Prototype for the Sega CD
- Dec 25 2017: Sonic CD (8/1/93) prototype
- Feb 25 2017: Captain Lang and Mickey Mania Prototypes
- Feb 6 2017: Lion King (SNES)
- Jan 8 2017: Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure Prototype
- Jun 28 2016: Defender of the Universe (Dreamcast) (Ecco month part 2)
- Jun 17 2016: Ecco II - Sentinels of the Universe (Ecco month part 1)
- May 27, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 4
- May 20, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 3
- May 13, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 2
- May 2, 2016: 10 years of Hidden Palace / Final ROM Archive Release Part 1
- Oct 22, 2011: Tomb Raider E3 Demo
- Oct 12, 2011: Miscellanea
- Mar 22, 2011: 15th Anniversary of Resident Evil
- Jul 30, 2010: Stone Protectors Genesis + Super Mario All-stars
- Jul 20, 2010: Sonic Spinball 1910 5/8
- Jul 16, 2010: Sega Art Tool, Sega Sound Tool, GEMS 2.8 ROM
- (earlier news)
The Hidden Palace is a community dedicated to the preservation of video game development media (such as prototypes, hardware, source code, artwork, and more). This website can be utilized as a catalog for the items that we and others are able to collect and share.
If you are interested in contributing, please see our How to Contribute page.
- Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (Aug 23, 2002 review prototype) by Madmarsrocks
- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (Sep 2, 2005 review prototype) by Madmarsrocks
- Stranglehold (Aug 17, 2007 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Burnout Paradise (Oct 31, 2007 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Daytona USA (Jul 28, 2012 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Daytona USA (Feb 29, 2012 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Crysis (Aug 1, 2011 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Crysis (Jul 29, 2011 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Virtua Fighter 5 (Aug 15, 2007 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Vampire Rain (Mar 21, 2007 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces (more)
- Chagosan: 1,996 edits, 939 articles
- Cerv3ro: 320 edits, 257 articles
- Mathuser: 267 edits, 118 articles
- Togemet2: 238 edits, 158 articles
- Kiddo: 200 edits, 49 articles
- Icup321: 183 edits, 110 articles
- Divingkataetheweirdo: 174 edits, 164 articles
- Mr.x: 141 edits, 75 articles
- Cut Into Fourteen Pieces: 136 edits, 1614 articles
- Prototector: 113 edits, 78 articles
- Mudkiplegend: 110 edits, 24 articles
- Missile: 102 edits, 75 articles
- Voodooween: 99 edits, 72 articles (more)
Thanks for contributing!
- Failed to load RSS feed from http://hiddenpalace.org/forums/feed.php?mode=topics: Error fetching URL: Maximum (0) redirects followed
The Jungle Book (WCES 1994 prototype)
Adventure Island III (Prototype)
Spirou (Mega Drive Prototype)
Tintin in Tibet (Prototype)
NHLPA Hockey 93 (Alternate build)
Discuss this release on the boards here!
First up, we have a very nice prototype of Disney’s The Jungle Book for the Sega Mega Drive! This prototype was featured at the Winter Consumer Electronics Show in 1994, which was hosted around the first week of January that same year. The game would be released that summer within the same year in both Europe and the United States. The prototype was rediscovered in the same German magazine lot that brought you Atmosfear and the two Tom VS. Jerry prototypes. This prototype contains many differences in comparison to the final - from cut enemies, alternate level layouts and designs, gameplay mechanics, graphics, and more! Be sure to check this one out!
These next four items came from DillyDylan’s lot. We have a somewhat late PAL prototype of Adventure Island III for the NES. This game was never released in Europe, but was given to magazines in Europe for review/preview for some reason.
Next we have a prototype of Tintin in Tibet for the Sega Mega Drive. The differences seem to consist of mainly code but there’s evidence of some differences in the game’s text as well. What other differences can you find?
Next we have a late prototype of Spirou for the Sega Mega Drive. This prototype is fairly late and seems to only contain minor code changes.
This next one is a bit of an oddity. This build of NHLPA Hockey ‘93 for the Sega Mega Drive is almost identical to the second revision that was released, but contains a few differences in the header and toward the end of the ROM. This might be a possible release candidate that was made before the final second revision was submitted for print.
That’s all for now! Be sure to check in next time for some more prototype goodness.
Until next time!