- Sep 3 2020: Feb 2020 Group Buy (Part 1): PlayStation 2
- Jul 4 2020: The Lost Street Fighter II: Champion Edition for Sega Mega Drive
- Jun 15 2020: Sega of Japan Sound Documents and Source Code
- May 30 2020: Fuzzy Pickles: EarthBound Localization Prototype
- Mar 14 2020: Spyro the Dragon (Later Prototype)
- Feb 26 2020: Spyro the Dragon (Prototype)
- Feb 15 2020: Death Track (Unreleased Game Boy Port)
- Jan 1 2020: Holiday 2019 (Day 8) - Super Star Wars (Canceled Mega Drive Port)
- Dec 31 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 7) - Flintstones
- Dec 30 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 6) - Putty Squad and Mega Drive Treats
- (earlier news)
The Hidden Palace is a community dedicated to the preservation of video game development media (such as prototypes, hardware, source code, artwork, and more). This website can be utilized as a catalog for the items that we and others are able to collect and share.
If you are interested in contributing, please see our How to Contribute page.
- 007: The World is Not Enough (Prototype - 2020 release) by Evilhamwizard, Hiccup
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (Aug 2, 2006 prototype) by Dink
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 (Jul 6, 2006 prototype) by Dink
- TreasureBear (Flash Demo V4) by Missile
- Olympic Summer Games (Prototype) by Revenant
- Turf Wars (Nov 3, 2004 prototype) by Dink
- Battle Master: Kyuukyoku no Senshi-tachi (Prototype) by Revenant
- Raiden Trad (Prototype) by Revenant
- Power Drome (Apr 19, 2004 prototype) by Dink
- Power Drome (Feb 17, 2004 prototype) by Dink (more)
- 14,001: User:Evilhamwizard edits, 0 articles
- 6,040: User:Drx edits, 0 articles
- 1,996: User:Chagosan edits, 0 articles
- 570: User:Lemurboy12 edits, 0 articles
- 333: User:Togemet2 edits, 0 articles
- 322: User:Cerv3ro edits, 0 articles
- 269: User:Mathuser edits, 0 articles
- 262: User:Kiddo edits, 0 articles
- 187: User:Divingkataetheweirdo edits, 0 articles
- 183: User:Icup321 edits, 0 articles
- 145: User:John1980 edits, 0 articles
- 142: User:Fake shemp edits, 0 articles
- 141: User:Mr.x edits, 0 articles
- 136: Cut Into Fourteen Pieces edits, 0 articles
- 124: User:Hiccup edits, 0 articles (more)
Thanks for contributing!
Continuing with our Sonic Month, today we have various prototypes of Sonic Chaos for the Sega Game Gear and Master System!
The development history of this game is somewhat unknown. When development began, the game was given the title "Sonic the Hedgehog 3". Internally, the game was referred by this title many times even going as far as being mentioned by this name in several printed media throughout 1993. It's possible that the title for the game, "Sonic Chaos", was originally going to be both the international and regional title for the game. The game seems to have been shown for the first time (at least in the United States) at Summer CES 1993, which was held on June 3rd to June 6th. Then sometime after CES 1993, Sega of Japan decided to give the game a completely different title in Japan called "Sonic & Tails". The game seems to have been in development primarily for the Sega Master System, as there are signs in the prototype from May that the Game Gear version was being developed separately at the same time. This could explain why many of the songs are different in both versions of the game.
Having prototypes of this game is pretty special, as prototypes of this game haven’t been released before. Not only that, but we have prototypes that cover a wide range of the development cycle for the game. These prototypes were dumped fresh from the EPROMs, and have been dumped multiple times to ensure that the dumps are correct. The dates of the prototypes themselves come from a mixture of dates that were written on the EPROMs themselves (which are most likely burn dates and not build/version dates) and a date written within the ROM itself that can be verified.
There's plenty more just around the corner. I wonder what's coming out next?
Until next time! More prototypes on November 9 and 10, 2pm Pacific!