- Dec 31 2020: Holiday 2019 (Day 7) - Flintstones
- Dec 30 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 6) - Putty Squad and Mega Drive Treats
- Dec 29 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 5) - Ecco
- Dec 28 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 4) - Superman: Battle for Metropolis (Unreleased GBC game)
- Dec 27 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 3) - N64 Goodies
- Dec 26 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 2) - Some Stocking Stuffers!
- Dec 25 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 1) - A.D. 2019 - AKIRA (Sega Mega Drive)
- Nov 16 2019: Sonic Month Part 5 - Before Hard Times - Sonic 3 (MD)
- Nov 9 2019: Sonic Month Part 4 - Filling Blanks With Sonic 2 (MD)
- Nov 2 2019: Sonic Month Part 3 - Sonic Chaos (GG/MS)
- Oct 26 2019: Sonic Month Part 2 - Sonic CD, You Say?
- Oct 25 2019: Sonic Month Part 1 - Sega No. 1
- Oct 8 2019: Silent Hill 2 (v0.10)
- Sep 28 2019: Mr Tuff + Donations/Discord
- Jun 22 2019: Run Saber and Atari Collection (SNES)
- Jun 8 2019: Universal Wrestling Corporation (Unreleased NES game)
- May 5 2019: The Jungle Book + Some Extra Goodies
- Apr 20 2019: Tom Vs. Jerry: The Chase is On
- Apr 7 2019: Atmosfear / NightMare
- Mar 31 2019: Dreamcast Month Part 4 - Ecco the Dolphin
- Mar 24 2019: Dreamcast Month Part 3 - Tony Hawk & Stunt GP
- Mar 18 2019: Dreamcast Month Part 2 - Sonic Adventure 2 Review
- Mar 10 2019: Dreamcast Month Part 1 - Internet Game Pack
- Mar 6 2019: Pinocchio SNES
- Feb 24 2019: Star Wars & Star Trek
- Feb 17 2019: Doom Troopers And Some More SNES
- Feb 14 2019: What Was Once Old Is New Again
- Feb 11 2019: NBA Jam and Atari Jaguar
- Feb 3 2019: A Proto Sandwich
- Jan 27 2019: When You Wish Upon a 32-bit Star
- Jan 20 2019: An Old Can of Worms!
- Jan 1 2019: A Spooky New Years!
- Dec 25 2018: A Merry Eidos Christmas
- Jan 11 2018: F-1 World Grand Prix Prototype (GBC)
- Jan 1 2018: Early Battlecorps Prototype for the Sega CD
- Dec 25 2017: Sonic CD (8/1/93) prototype
- Feb 25 2017: Captain Lang and Mickey Mania Prototypes
- Feb 6 2017: Lion King (SNES)
- Jan 8 2017: Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure Prototype
- Jun 28 2016: Defender of the Universe (Dreamcast) (Ecco month part 2)
- Jun 17 2016: Ecco II - Sentinels of the Universe (Ecco month part 1)
- May 27, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 4
- May 20, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 3
- May 13, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 2
- May 2, 2016: 10 years of Hidden Palace / Final ROM Archive Release Part 1
- Oct 22, 2011: Tomb Raider E3 Demo
- Oct 12, 2011: Miscellanea
- Mar 22, 2011: 15th Anniversary of Resident Evil
- Jul 30, 2010: Stone Protectors Genesis + Super Mario All-stars
- Jul 20, 2010: Sonic Spinball 1910 5/8
- Jul 16, 2010: Sega Art Tool, Sega Sound Tool, GEMS 2.8 ROM
- (earlier news)
The Hidden Palace is a community dedicated to the preservation of video game development media (such as prototypes, hardware, source code, artwork, and more). This website can be utilized as a catalog for the items that we and others are able to collect and share.
If you are interested in contributing, please see our How to Contribute page.
- Hoyle Casino '99 (prototype) by Lemurboy12
- Catan (May 3, 2005 prototype) by Missile
- Habbo Islands (Oct 27th, 2006) by Missile
- Gunlok (Oct 12, 2000 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Small Soldiers (Jun 23, 1998 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Rogue Ops (Aug 21, 2003 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Burnout 2: Point of Impact (Aug 31, 2002 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- This Is Football 2003 (Jul 24, 2002 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (Sep 9, 2005 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
- Beach Volleyball (Apr 21, 2000 prototype) by Cut Into Fourteen Pieces (more)
- Chagosan: 1,996 edits, 939 articles
- Cerv3ro: 320 edits, 257 articles
- Togemet2: 311 edits, 221 articles
- Mathuser: 267 edits, 118 articles
- Kiddo: 200 edits, 97 articles
- Divingkataetheweirdo: 186 edits, 168 articles
- Icup321: 183 edits, 110 articles
- Mr.x: 141 edits, 75 articles
- Cut Into Fourteen Pieces: 136 edits, 1980 articles
- Prototector: 113 edits, 78 articles
- Missile: 110 edits, 80 articles
- Voodooween: 100 edits, 72 articles
- Demon: 99 edits, 51 articles (more)
Thanks for contributing!
Continuing with our Sonic Month, today we have various prototypes of Sonic Chaos for the Sega Game Gear and Master System!
The development history of this game is somewhat unknown. When development began, the game was given the title "Sonic the Hedgehog 3". Internally, the game was referred by this title many times even going as far as being mentioned by this name in several printed media throughout 1993. It's possible that the title for the game, "Sonic Chaos", was originally going to be both the international and regional title for the game. The game seems to have been shown for the first time (at least in the United States) at Summer CES 1993, which was held on June 3rd to June 6th. Then sometime after CES 1993, Sega of Japan decided to give the game a completely different title in Japan called "Sonic & Tails". The game seems to have been in development primarily for the Sega Master System, as there are signs in the prototype from May that the Game Gear version was being developed separately at the same time. This could explain why many of the songs are different in both versions of the game.
Having prototypes of this game is pretty special, as prototypes of this game haven’t been released before. Not only that, but we have prototypes that cover a wide range of the development cycle for the game. These prototypes were dumped fresh from the EPROMs, and have been dumped multiple times to ensure that the dumps are correct. The dates of the prototypes themselves come from a mixture of dates that were written on the EPROMs themselves (which are most likely burn dates and not build/version dates) and a date written within the ROM itself that can be verified.
There's plenty more just around the corner. I wonder what's coming out next?
Until next time! More prototypes on November 9 and 10, 2pm Pacific!