- Apr 17 2021: Project Deluge: PlayStation 1, Saturn, and CD-I (Part 2)
- Mar 20 2021: Project Deluge: PlayStation 2
- Jan 1 2021: Dreams Come True: Sonic 1 (MD) Prototype
- Dec 30 2020: Happy Holidays (2020)!
- Dec 6 2020: Final Fantasy English Localization Prototype
- Nov 26 2020: Feb 2020 Group Buy (Part 3): October Fest
- Sep 12 2020: Feb 2020 Group Buy (Part 2): PlayStation
- Sep 3 2020: Feb 2020 Group Buy (Part 1): PlayStation 2
- Jul 4 2020: The Lost Street Fighter II: Champion Edition for Sega Mega Drive
- Jun 15 2020: Sega of Japan Sound Documents and Source Code
- May 30 2020: Fuzzy Pickles: EarthBound Localization Prototype
- Mar 14 2020: Spyro the Dragon (Later Prototype)
- Feb 26 2020: Spyro the Dragon (Prototype)
- Feb 15 2020: Death Track (Unreleased Game Boy Port)
- Jan 1 2020: Holiday 2019 (Day 8) - Super Star Wars (Canceled Mega Drive Port)
- Dec 31 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 7) - Flintstones
- Dec 30 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 6) - Putty Squad and Mega Drive Treats
- (earlier news)
The Hidden Palace is a community dedicated to the preservation of video game development media (such as prototypes, hardware, source code, artwork, and more). This website can be utilized as a catalog for the items that we and others are able to collect and share.
If you are interested in contributing, please see our How to Contribute page.
Bakuryu (Nov 27, 1999 prototype)
Bubsy 3D (Mar 13, 1997 prototype)
Cardinal Syn (Feb 27, 1998 prototype)
Dancing Stage EuroMIX (Sep 1, 2000 prototype)
Dead or Alive (Apr 22, 1998 prototype)
Dead or Alive (Jan 10, 1998 prototype)
Dynasty Warriors (Jul 15, 1997 prototype)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Dec 20, 1999 prototype)
Killing Time (Apr 28, 1997 prototype)
Little Big Adventure (Jan 27, 1997 prototype)
Spice World (Apr 28, 1998 prototype)
Syphon Filter 2 (Dec 23, 1999 prototype)
Syphon Filter 2 (Jan 27, 2000 prototype)
Tombi! (Feb 3, 1998 prototype)
Vib-Ribbon (May 30, 2000 prototype)
Xena: Warrior Princess (Aug 10, 1999 prototype)
Discuss this release on our Discord server!
Welcome back, everyone! Today we'd like to share with you the PlayStation prototypes that were acquired during our community group buy that was held back in February this year. As a reminder, this lot covers prototypes for various systems such as the PlayStation, PlayStation 2 (which we released last week), the original Xbox, and much more. Again, this is just a fraction of what we were able to acquire through the help of our very own community! Since February, we were able to acquire a few more prototypes from the same lot as well. Each prototype (except for Cardinal Syn) was dumped with DiscImageCreator and various Plextor drives for Redump submission. The list above includes only the items that were confirmed to be prototypes. Anything that was a perfect match for the final was added to the list that you can check out on this page.
There are a few standout items in this part of the lot. The highlight of the lot is a prototype of the canceled, unreleased PlayStation port of Killing Time! Acclaim acquired the rights to three of Studio 3DO's games so that they could port to various consoles. Even though a tentative release date was announced in Electronic Gaming Monthly, this was the only game acquired by Acclaim that never saw a release on any other console aside from the 3DO and personal computers. Be sure to check it out!
We also have a nice localization prototype of Tomba that predates the final US version. We have two prototypes of Syphon Filter 2, however the first disc of the earliest one is missing. A nice prototype of Dead or Alive that predates the final Japanese release by a month which contains some noticable differences. And a PAL prototype of one of the best games ever made, Bubsy 3D!
We'd like to thank all those who donated for all the prototypes featured in this lot. We'd like to thank b-damandude, baruk0, Cliff Racer, DarthDub, Demon, DRW, burninrubber0, ehw, Fred Wood, HorrorTroll, kabojnk, KailoKyra, Kneesap, kuriatsu, LedInfrared, mementomori, RetroReversing.com, Sazpaimon, StarlightChaos, The Swarming Dark, TheAdmiester, TiKAL, TONY9675, XJR9000, mlk, ZeaLiTy, and Zoda-Y13. Without your help we would have never been able to acquire and preserve so many prototypes.
Stay tuned for some more treats very soon!
- Hidden Palace: 22,144 edits, 5162 articles
- Chagosan: 1,996 edits, 937 articles
- Lemurboy12: 1,795 edits, 1458 articles
- Togemet2: 335 edits, 240 articles
- Cerv3ro: 322 edits, 256 articles
- Mathuser: 269 edits, 103 articles
- Kiddo: 262 edits, 97 articles
- Divingkataetheweirdo: 187 edits, 168 articles
- Icup321: 183 edits, 105 articles
- Missile: 176 edits, 98 articles
- Madmarsrocks: 165 edits, 39 articles
- MobCat: 160 edits, 102 articles
- John1980: 155 edits, 44 articles
- Hiccup: 153 edits, 35 articles
- Mrpinball64: 151 edits, 205 articles
- Fake shemp: 142 edits, 48 articles (more)
- Rayman Revolution (Nov 14 2000 prototype) by Ribshark
- Rayman Revolution (E3 prototype) by Ribshark
- NCAA Football GameBreaker (Jul 16, 1996 prototype) by Hidden Palace
- Shellshock (Apr 16, 1996 prototype) by Hidden Palace
- Revolution X: Music Is the Weapon (Jan 11, 1996 prototype) by Hidden Palace
- Winter Heat (Nov 26, 1997 prototype) by Hidden Palace
- Sega Worldwide Soccer '97 (Sep 6, 1996 prototype) by Hidden Palace
- Sega Rally Championship (Oct 24, 1995 prototype) by Hidden Palace
- Shining Force III (Nov 17, 1997 prototype) by Hidden Palace
- NBA Action 98 (Aug 12, 1997 prototype) by Hidden Palace
- Striker 96 (May 22, 1996 prototype) by Hidden Palace
- NBA Live 97 (Feb 16, 1997 prototype) by Hidden Palace
- Thunderhawk II (Oct 11, 1995 prototype) by Hidden Palace
- Shanghai: Triple-Threat (Jun 1, 1995 prototype) by Hidden Palace
- Virtua Fighter 2 (Sep 11, 1995 prototype) by Hidden Palace (more)