- Sep 12 2020: Feb 2020 Group Buy (Part 2): PlayStation
- Sep 3 2020: Feb 2020 Group Buy (Part 1): PlayStation 2
- Jul 4 2020: The Lost Street Fighter II: Champion Edition for Sega Mega Drive
- Jun 15 2020: Sega of Japan Sound Documents and Source Code
- May 30 2020: Fuzzy Pickles: EarthBound Localization Prototype
- Mar 14 2020: Spyro the Dragon (Later Prototype)
- Feb 26 2020: Spyro the Dragon (Prototype)
- Feb 15 2020: Death Track (Unreleased Game Boy Port)
- Jan 1 2020: Holiday 2019 (Day 8) - Super Star Wars (Canceled Mega Drive Port)
- Dec 31 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 7) - Flintstones
- Dec 30 2019: Holiday 2019 (Day 6) - Putty Squad and Mega Drive Treats
- (earlier news)
The Hidden Palace is a community dedicated to the preservation of video game development media (such as prototypes, hardware, source code, artwork, and more). This website can be utilized as a catalog for the items that we and others are able to collect and share.
If you are interested in contributing, please see our How to Contribute page.
Bakuryu (Nov 27, 1999 prototype)
Bubsy 3D (Mar 13, 1997 prototype)
Cardinal Syn (Feb 27, 1998 prototype)
Dancing Stage EuroMIX (Sep 1, 2000 prototype)
Dead or Alive (Apr 22, 1998 prototype)
Dead or Alive (Jan 10, 1998 prototype)
Dynasty Warriors (Jul 15, 1997 prototype)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Dec 20, 1999 prototype)
Killing Time (Apr 28, 1997 prototype)
Little Big Adventure (Jan 27, 1997 prototype)
Spice World (Apr 28, 1998 prototype)
Syphon Filter 2 (Dec 23, 1999 prototype)
Syphon Filter 2 (Jan 27, 2000 prototype)
Tombi! (Feb 3, 1998 prototype)
Vib-Ribbon (May 30, 2000 prototype)
Xena: Warrior Princess (Aug 10, 1999 prototype)
Discuss this release on our Discord server!
Welcome back, everyone! Today we'd like to share with you the PlayStation prototypes that were acquired during our community group buy that was held back in February this year. As a reminder, this lot covers prototypes for various systems such as the PlayStation, PlayStation 2 (which we released last week), the original Xbox, and much more. Again, this is just a fraction of what we were able to acquire through the help of our very own community! Since February, we were able to acquire a few more prototypes from the same lot as well. Each prototype (except for Cardinal Syn) was dumped with DiscImageCreator and various Plextor drives for Redump submission. The list above includes only the items that were confirmed to be prototypes. Anything that was a perfect match for the final was added to the list that you can check out on this page.
There are a few standout items in this part of the lot. The highlight of the lot is a prototype of the canceled, unreleased PlayStation port of Killing Time! Acclaim acquired the rights to three of Studio 3DO's games so that they could port to various consoles. Even though a tentative release date was announced in Electronic Gaming Monthly, this was the only game acquired by Acclaim that never saw a release on any other console aside from the 3DO and personal computers. Be sure to check it out!
We also have a nice localization prototype of Tomba that predates the final US version. We have two prototypes of Syphon Filter 2, however the first disc of the earliest one is missing. A nice prototype of Dead or Alive that predates the final Japanese release by a month which contains some noticable differences. And a PAL prototype of one of the best games ever made, Bubsy 3D!
We'd like to thank all those who donated for all the prototypes featured in this lot. We'd like to thank b-damandude, baruk0, Cliff Racer, DarthDub, Demon, DRW, burninrubber0, ehw, Fred Wood, HorrorTroll, kabojnk, KailoKyra, Kneesap, kuriatsu, LedInfrared, mementomori, RetroReversing.com, Sazpaimon, StarlightChaos, The Swarming Dark, TheAdmiester, TiKAL, TONY9675, XJR9000, mlk, ZeaLiTy, and Zoda-Y13. Without your help we would have never been able to acquire and preserve so many prototypes.
Stay tuned for some more treats very soon!
- Chagosan: 1,996 edits, 938 articles
- Lemurboy12: 570 edits, 189 articles
- Togemet2: 333 edits, 240 articles
- Cerv3ro: 322 edits, 257 articles
- Mathuser: 269 edits, 103 articles
- Kiddo: 262 edits, 97 articles
- Divingkataetheweirdo: 187 edits, 168 articles
- Icup321: 183 edits, 106 articles
- John1980: 145 edits, 42 articles
- Fake shemp: 142 edits, 49 articles
- Mr.x: 141 edits, 75 articles
- Cut Into Fourteen Pieces: 136 edits, 2724 articles
- Hiccup: 124 edits, 26 articles
- Prototector: 121 edits, 79 articles
- Madmarsrocks: 118 edits, 27 articles (more)
- LittleBigPlanet (Jun 29, 2009 prototype) by Madmarsrocks
- Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown (Nov 30, 2004 prototype) by Dink
- Major League Baseball 2K6 (prototype) by Mrpinball64
- Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (May 16, 2005 prototype) by Dink
- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Aug 31, 2005 prototype) by Dink
- Gun (Aug 31, 2005 prototype) by Dink
- Shining Force II (Prototype) by Prototector
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Feb 24, 2006 prototype) by Dink
- Rocket: Robot on Wheels (Sep 29, 1999 build) by Evilhamwizard, Mrpinball64
- Papy (Dec 3, 2003 prototype) by Dink
- Wheelman (Mar 1, 2005 prototype) by Dink
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay (Feb 16, 2004 prototype) by Dink
- Please rename me (1603642895) by King312
- Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX (Apr 4, 2001 prototype) by Vindico
- Juiced (March 28, 2005 prototype) by Bun (more)