Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse (Jul 1994 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse (Jul 1994 prototype)|
|Download Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse (Jul 1994 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse for the Sega Mega Drive.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- An earlier build in comparison to Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse (Sep 1994 prototype).
- The ROM header has been possibly modified from the original dump.
- The build date month was determined by the file date of the original scene release archive, taking delays in dumping and distributing the ROM into consideration.
- The screen with the Traveller’s Tales logo is different.
- This build lacks a title screen.
- Level select is enabled by default.
- An unused song plays in the Options menu.
- The level select cheat has been deactivated by default and cannot be entered without a cheat code. Use the following Game Genie code to activate the level select for this build: RECA-E6WC.
- Level Select Differences
- “The Elevator” is named “Up the Lift” in the prototype.
- Certain stage names had whitespace characters removed in the final.
- “Gurney Ride” is named “Trolly Bit” in the prototype.
- “Steps” is named “Big Steps” in the prototype.
- “On the Table” is named “Giant Table” in the prototype.
- “Up the Tower” is named “Pete’s Tower” in the prototype.
- Sound Test Changes
- “CHINK 1” has been renamed to “CLINK 1” in the final.
- “CHINK 2” has been renamed to “CLINK 2” in the final.
- “DIE” has been renamed to “EXPLODE 3” in the final.
- “HMMMM” has been renamed to “THINK” in the final.
- “SQUAWK” and “WOOF” do not exist in the prototype.
- The stage “Mickey and the Beanstalk” is called “Fun and Fancy Free” in the prototype’s title card screen, and contains extra whitespace characters after the string.
- The Ending text is missing in the prototype.
- Level Completion Screen Differences:
- The level complete screen for the Prince and Pauper stage says “MICKEY MUST NOW FACE THE MIGHT OF PETE IN THE FINAL SHOWDOWN” instead of “MICKEY MUST FACE THE BIGGEST PETE OF ALL IN THE FINAL SHOWDOWN”.
- The level completion screen for the Mad Doctor screen says “Whoops” instead of “Yikes”, and “DID NOT” instead of “DIDN’T”.
- The level completion screen for the Lonesome Ghost stage says “MICKEY HAS ESCAPED THE LONESOME GHOSTS AND HAS FOUND LONESOME MICKEY” instead of “LONESOME GHOST MICKEY HAS BEEN RESCUED AND MICKEY HAS ESCAPED”.
- The level completion screen for the bonus level awards three extra lives in the prototype where it awards one extra continue in the final.
- The unused time warp screen (that’s exclusive to the SNES version of the game) says “OUTSTANDING” instead of “WILD”.
- The screen that displays if you fall out of the bonus level says “UNLUCKY” instead of “OOOPS”.
- The continue screen says “PRESS A KEY TO HELP MICKEY CONTINUE HIS QUEST” rather than “PRESS A BUTTON TO HELP MICKEY CONTINUE HIS ADVENTURE”.
- Options Screen Differences:
- Easy difficulty hasn’t been implemented yet. Only Normal and Hard difficulty exists in this prototype.
- The amount of lives that you can start off with are one less life that you can choose from in the final.
- Stage Differences:
- The area before the last boss cannot be completed.
!eNf_______________________ ________/\_____ __\ _______/_ _ \__\ / / /_______ / / / ___/ /. / // / // / \_ /_____________/____ /_____/______/\______/ ------------------\/-----------------------> Mickey Mania * Beta * By Sony Imagesoft <-( 16mb/Smd )--------------------( Sega! )-�