Difference between revisions of "Psychonauts (Feb 14, 2005 prototype)"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Divingkataetheweirdo moved page Psychonauts (Feb 14, 2004 prototype) to Psychonauts (Feb 14, 2005 prototype): Corrected the build date)
Revision as of 18:41, April 23, 2020
|Psychonauts (Feb 14, 2005 prototype)|
|Download Psychonauts (Feb 14, 2005 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Psychonauts for the Microsoft Xbox.
- Build date taken from .xbe header.
- Taken from the original write-up on X-Cult's page on this prototype:
- You have infinite lives.
- Some of the fires in Basic Braining do not hurt you (but the animation plays).
- The smelling salts dialog can't be skipped.
- There's a figment in Mila's Dance party (final section) that is almost impossible to get without some crafty levitation jumps on rounded pipes. It's out of the reach of the fan's airflow.
- There's nothing to alert you when you've gathered all the safes, figments, or cobwebs in a level. However, there is for the baggage still.
- The dowsing rod is messed up graphically while in the underwater section.
- Ford's head is missing from the cutscene after you defeat the hulking lunkfish.
- The newsflash music loops over the entire news "broadcasts" in the Lungfishpoplis level.
- Brain jars will most of the time have the pictures are facing a wall, or where you can't see the pictures.
- Tiny difference in Waterloo, it seems that they changed the hard-to-find fairy figment at the last minute. In this build it's a Centaur instead of a Fairy.
- Some graphical glitches in Gloria's Theater where the mood light would change the scenery.
- When you get infinite ammo, the number that appears next to the Psi-Blast or Confusion icons is "01" instead of "âˆž". It always stays at "01". Also, once you reach rank 95, the bonus it lists after obtaining infinite ammo is still "infinite ammo at rank 95".
- The cart that helps you get around the map quickly has a glitchy animation that makes Raz float above the track and cart while it moves.
- The "Brain Tumbler Experiment" level's name is "Nightmare in the Brain Tumbler" in this version of the game.
- All movies in this game show in a tiny portion of the screen.