Run Saber (Jan 27, 1993 prototype)
From Hidden Palace
|Run Saber (Jan 27, 1993 prototype)|
|Download Run Saber (Jan 27, 1993 prototype) (info)|
A prototype of Run Saber for the SNES.
- Even though the EPROMs state that the master date was "1/27", there is a second date listed before the header in the ROM that lists two dates, one of which is "12/27". One of these dates could be in error. The date listed in the final ROM was changed to "1/19" for both regions.
- The secret menu cheat from the final version is usable in this prototype. To access the secret menu, hold B + Y + Right + Select at the Atlus logo screen. The screen that follows the Atlus logo should confirm if the secret menu is activated. In the secret menu, you can access a level select and sound/music test.
- The artwork for the boss in level 2 was altered significantly for the final version. This was changed to a dead woman for some reason.
- When you die under easy difficulty, you respawn with three special attacks in the prototype. In the final, this was changed to two.
- The electric fingers in the second level can't be walked under in the prototype and instead you must "crouch grab" underneath. This was fixed so that you can easily walk under them in the final.
- Some sound effects are missing for certain enemies and bosses.
- Enemy/object arrangement was altered slightly.
- In level 5, the screen doesn't lock as you progress right like in the final version.
- The game can be beaten in this prototype.
Special thanks to Baker64 for this release!