|Sonic Chaos (Jun 30, 1993 prototype)
||Jun 30, 1993
|File release date
||November 2, 2019
||Sonic Month 2019
||MS SONIC 3
||True-USB PRO GQ-4X
|| Sega Master System
||EU Aug 3, 1993|
||EU Nov 27, 1993|
A prototype of Sonic Chaos (also known as Sonic & Tails in Japan) for the Sega Master System.
- While the EPROMs do note imply the date, the ROM itself says "MS SONIC.THE.HEDGEHOG.3 Ver0.20 1993/06/30 @SEGA/Aspect Co.,Ltd". However, the title screen uses its own string which specifies the same date.
- This build contains a much more simplistic title screen that specifies both international/localized titles as well as a version number and build date.
- The build lacks an intro.
- The game will go to a "demo mode" after a few seconds at the title screen. However, no demos have been recorded yet and so the player just stands in place for a few seconds.
- Pressing start at the title screen brings you to the level select, five additional special stages have been added as well. While not properly displayed on the level select menu, the 5th special stage can be accessed by pressing down after the 4th.
- The sound test hasn't been programmed yet.
- The title card for each level is slightly different in comparison to the final retail release. The song is slightly different too.
- Different Death BGM.
- The running shoes do not work yet.
- It doesn't like you can go to the special stage from an actual stage yet.
- In this prototype, the music stops as soon as the end level sign hits the ground. In the final, the music stops as soon as it's touched.
- The boss bgm is different.
- The song that plays after defeating a boss doesn't exist yet.
- The invincibility bgm is slightly different (everything seems to play at a slightly higher octave).
- The BGM used in Sleeping Egg, Aqua Planet, and the Special Stages are completely different.
- The final boss has been implemented. Upon defeating it, the game soft locks and plays an eerie tune for a few seconds.
- The BGM used in Electric Egg Zone is completely different and seems to be based on the varient of the introduction theme.
Title card (Turquoise Hill Zone).
Turquoise Hill Zone Act 1.
Turquoise Hill Zone Act 2.
Turquoise Hill Zone Act 3.
Mecha Green Hill Zone Act 1.
Mecha Green Hill Zone Act 2.
Mecha Green Hill Zone Act 3.
Title card (Special stage).
File Archive Contents
| Sonic Chaos (Jun 30, 1993 prototype).sms
|| 2019-10-29 07:32:50
|| 512 KB
00007ff0 54 4d 52 20 53 45 47 41 ff ff 00 65 ff ff ff 4f TMR SEGA...e...O