| Superman (May 25, 1992 prototype)
|| May 25, 1992
|| Video Game History Foundation
|File release date
|| April 21, 2019
|| EPROM cartridge
|| 1x D27C040-150V10
|| SNES-SUPERMAN 5/25 DEMO
|| Super NT
|| Nostalgia Alley (? - 2019)
A small demo of an unreleased Superman game developed by Sunsoft for the SNES.
- Small playable flying demo with no sound. The game quickly ends at some point during the flying segment and returns to the title screen.
- 34.93% of the data in the ROM is accessed during run time. All data past 0x486AE in the ROM is possibly unused.
- Possibly the same build on display at the SCES of 1992.
- Side scrolling beat 'em up segments were planned and possibly featured in later builds.
- Originally planned to be released by the end of 1992, but was then suggested by a small preview in Nintendo Power that it would be released by spring 1993.
Thanks to Nostalgia Alley for making this available, and The Video Game History Foundation for dumping this!
Original release article on SNESCentral.com. (Archive)