Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Apr 9, 1999 prototype)
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Apr 9, 1999 prototype)|
|Download Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Apr 9, 1999 prototype) (info)|
An early NTSC-U prototype of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for the Sony PlayStation, dated 133 days before the final build.
- Career Mode, Practice (Free Skate) and the Options menu are not available in this build.
- Since only Single Session and Two Player modes are available, all runs are limited to two minutes.
- Though inaccessible by normal means, some level-end menu leftovers set the timer to 60 minutes when asked if the player would like to continue the run.
- The menu graphics are already representative of what the final game would become. The actual layout however is still the same from earlier builds like the Jampack demo.
- Speaking of this, the title screen was different and had a very different logo of the game.
- Only Tony Hawk, Bob Burnquist, Kareem Campbell, Bucky Lasek, Chad Muska and Geoff Rowley are selectable. Two additional skaters from earlier builds, whose official names are unknown, are in the game files listed as "skater" and "rasta" and can only be accessed by modding them into the game.
- Board Select is missing.
- This build contains a couple of scrapped levels and early versions of those that were released.
- Warehouse and Burnside are not present in this build.
- Classic Concrete crashes the game upon entering.
- A terrain test can be accessed in the 2-player restart menu in the Skate Park (Chicago) level.
- A texture-less test level called "Suburbia" can only be accessed by modding the game files.
- The in-game option to open "Suburbia" however, loads a very early and big version of what would later become Streets, San Francisco.
- There is no "Sound Levels" option implemented.
- The only song in this build is "Jerry Was A Race Car Driver" by Primus.
- The song is edited down to one minute, instead of the final game's two minute cuts accommodating the timed runs/videos.
The cheat codes in this build are merely leftovers of Neversoft's previous title "Apocalypse" (1998), whose engine this game runs on.
Most of them don't work in this build anymore. To enter these codes, navigate to the in-game pause menu, hold down L1 and enter the code. A shaking pause screen will confirm a successful entry.
Skip To Restart
|Triangle, Up, X, Down||TUXD||Skip To Restart works as it should.
Autotest and Level Select would normally appear in the game's main menu.
Since that has been modified in this build, those options do not appear.
|Debug panel||Down, Down, Triangle||DDT|
|Disable HUD||Square, Up, X||SUX||Doesn't work.|
|Falls never end||X (x6)||XXXXX||Not functioning since the skater can't die in this game.|
|Infinite lives||Triangle, Circle, X, Square||TCXS||Not functioning since the skater can't die in this game.|
|L2 kills all enemies||Square, Left, Up, Triangle||SLUT||This game does not have enemies.|
|Refill health bar||X, Up, Triangle||XTC||Although this code would eventually become the "Always special" cheat, it doesn't function in this build.|
|Skip To Restart||Square, Circle, X||SCX|
|Unlock all weapons/
|Square, Circle, Up, Down, X, Square||SCUDXS||Doesn't work.|
|unknown||Left, Up, X, Triangle, Square, Triangle||LUXTST|
|unknown||Square, Triangle, Right, Up, Down, Left||STRUDL|
|Infinite Time||80095BA8 6054
|Max Time||800A5080 FFFF|