Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Jul 10, 1999 prototype)
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Jul 10, 1999 prototype)|
|Download Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Jul 10, 1999 prototype) (info)|
|Download Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (Jul 10, 1999 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for the Sony PlayStation, dated 41 days before the final build.
An NTSC-J licensed build, whose origins are unknown. Around the time of the final game's release, it had already been speculated that this build has slipped in with a few retail discs but no evidence supporting this claim have been found.
- Aside from the Activision and Neversoft intro videos, there are no FMV's in this build.
- An earlier, unused version of the Neversoft intro is used, using the first eight seconds of "Inflated Head" from Earthworm Jim 2 (1995).
- The main menu music is missing.
- "Free Skate" is called "Practice".
- An additional multiplayer game called "Hoops" was cut from the final.
- The options menu as well as the in-game "Sound Levels" menu hasn't been implemented, meaning there is no way to adjust audio levels or change the music.
- Some skaters wear different clothes.
- Though every board in the Equipment Select menu is accessible, most decks will just have a placeholder image in-game.
- The Level Select menu uses mostly different preview images.
- Instead of a static level loading screen, you can scroll between tape challenges.
- Many goal items have different placements and are much harder to obtain.
- The skater glows when you fill up the special bar.
- The trick string has no fail animation and blends in with the score display if a third line appears.
- While some special tricks are implemented, they're not registered as such.
- The run ends whether a combo is finished or not.
- Instead of the Vandals' song "Euro-Barge", a track from their latest album at that time, this build uses an older song of theirs called "Change My Pants (I Don't Wanna)".
- A crash handler is active by default.
- The game will crash if you try to load into a memory card containing a save game from the final build.
- The final build locks the trick multiplier at x19. This build is missing that cap, so attempting to go over x20 will glitch out and crash the game on hardware. This does not affected multipliers gained from gaps and spins.
|Downhill Jam, Phoenix|
|Streets, San Francisco|
|Roswell, New Mexico|
A total of 17 cheat codes can be found in the game's executable. To enter these codes, navigate to the in-game pause menu, hold down L1 and enter the code. A shaking pause screen will confirm a successful entry.
|Always full special bar||X, Triangle, Circle||XTC|
|Autotest||Triangle, Up, Square, Triangle, Up, Right||TUSTUR||Once activated, the test cycle cannot be interrupted.|
|Big head||Left, Up, X, Down, Up, X||LUXDUX||Level must be loaded again for the change to take effect.
Works with all skaters except Elissa Steamer. She gets a big left arm instead.
|Debug panel||Down, Down, Triangle||DDT|
|End run||Circle, Up, Triangle||CUT|
|FPS counter||Down, Up, Left, Left||DULL|
|Hide HUD||Square, Left, Up||SLU||Ending a run in ether a timed mode or while a combo is ongoing, can cause the game to softlock.|
|Perfect balance||Right, Up, Left, Square||RULS|
|Score times 10||Triangle, X, Triangle||TXT|
|Screenshots||Square, Circle, Right, X||SCRX||The camera configuration seems to work in 2-Player mode only and can be activated in-game by pressing SELECT.
The game will freeze and the camera can be moved with the following inputs using the Controller in Port 2:
|Skip to Restart||Square, Circle, X||SCX|
|Slow Motion||Square, Left, Square, Left||SLSL|
|Stats at 3||Down, Up, Down||DUD||Replaces the score string with a "3".|
|Stats at 10||Square, Triangle, Up, Down||STUD||Replaces the score string with a "10".|
|Stats at 13||X, Square, X, Square||XSXS||Replaces the score string with a "13".|
|Toggle blood||Right, Up, Square, Triangle||RUST|
|Unlock all levels||Square, Up, Left, Up, Circle, Triangle||SULUCT||Doesn't do anything, since in this particular build, all levels are unlocked from the start.|
Special thanks to Icehau5 for finding and dumping this prototype!