|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (Jul 12, 2001 prototype)
||Jul 12, 2001 16:16:18
||Released, redump needed
|File release date
||March 20, 2021
||PRINT PREVIEW USE ONLY - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 PS2 Preview Build
||Memorex MRX-650LE v6 AM61 (CloneCD)
||Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
|| PlayStation 2
||Sports - Skateboarding
||US Oct 1, 2001 (Rev 0)|
US Oct 22, 2001 (Rev 1)
EU Oct 22, 2001
JP Oct 2, 2002
||US Oct 28, 2001|
EU Oct 22, 2001
JP Nov 21, 2002
A preview prototype of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 for the PlayStation 2, dated around two and a half months before the final build.
- There are no FMV's in this build.
- Instead of unique level loading screens, this build uses the boot loading screen as a placeholder.
- The main menu uses a different version of the "Gangsta" track.
- Instead of Rastapopolous, a generic pedestrian appears as the skate shop owner.
- Only Career, Single Session, Free Skate and Create-A-Skater are selectable.
- In the main menu, Tutorials is located between Network Play and Create-A-Skater instead of between Park Editor and Options in the final version.
- The skater select screen in Career mode does not show either the number of goals completed, medals obtained or decks collected.
- Pressing Square or Circle in the Career mode level select flips the tape over and shows the level goals. A feature that has been removed from the final.
- Some of the Career goals would be changed and/or simplified in the final version.
- Some skater's appearances are different from the final.
- Most notably Geoff Rowley.
- Some skaters only have default and/or placeholder boards to choose from.
- A few extra skate brands not featured in the final version appear in this build, including Flip and Vans.
- There are only four levels in this build: Canada, Suburbia, Los Angeles and Tokyo.
- A lot of signs in Tokyo are different from the final.
- The ambience SFX is very unbalanced and can get irritating at times. Also, the sound levels of the audience cannot be changed in the pause menu.
- The secret area can be accessed by wall riding the big round "門" sign, instead of grind-cutting the wires holding it like in the final.
- The entrance to that area is untextured.
- Activating the free camera feature works a bit different in this version. Press both Select + X during gameplay (twice to toggle HUD off). Use R1/R2 for pitch, the left analog stick for axis and the right stick to move around. Unlike the final build, you can actually exit this mode with the same button combination.
- Pressing R1+SELECT changes the camera perspective, unlike every other version of the game where SELECT alone is sufficient.
- The physics in this build are less refined.
- Some runs start with the camera to the right side of the player.
- The pitch of the special trick orchestral hit sound is a semitone too high. Unlike the final version where it is too low.
- A lot of the game's sound effects are at inconsistent pitches.
- A lot of the game's text is written in all caps.
- Notably the entire Create-A-Skater mode and "Score" in the HUD.
- The spin counter in the trick string is colored red.
- Only a bare minimum of the trick assignment option has been implemented.
- However, all skaters are assigned all special tricks with combinations primarily using the Square button.
U = Up | D = Down | L = Left | R = Right | T = Triangle | S = Square | C = Circle
||Handstand Double Flip
||Big Spin Flip To Tail
- A total of seven songs are in this version of the game.
- Some songs can be found in a less censored form.
||96 Quite Bitter Beings
|Reverend Horton Heat
||I Can't Surf
||The Boy Who Destroyed the World
|Alien Ant Farm
||Ace of Spades
||What's the Matter Man
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
Level select in Career mode
| PS2 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - print preview.img
|| 2020-05-14 23:12:39
|| 250.07 MB
| PS2 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - print preview.cue
|| 2020-05-14 23:05:25
|| 110 bytes
| PS2 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - print preview.ccd
|| 2020-05-14 23:05:25
|| 773 bytes
| PS2 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - print preview.sub
|| 2020-05-14 23:05:49
|| 10.21 MB
| PS2 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - print preview.jpeg
|| 2021-03-14 11:13:29
|| 1.92 MB
A huge thanks to Drac for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!