- Feb 6 2017: Lion King (SNES)
- Jan 8 2017: Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure Prototype
- Jun 28 2016: Defender of the Universe (Dreamcast) (Ecco month part 2)
- Jun 17 2016: Ecco II - Sentinels of the Universe (Ecco month part 1)
- May 27, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 4
- May 20, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 3
- May 13, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 2
- May 2, 2016: 10 years of Hidden Palace / Final ROM Archive Release Part 1
- Oct 22, 2011: Tomb Raider E3 Demo
- Oct 12, 2011: Miscellanea
- Mar 22, 2011: 15th Anniversary of Resident Evil
- Jul 30, 2010: Stone Protectors Genesis + Super Mario All-stars
- Jul 20, 2010: Sonic Spinball 1910 5/8
- Jul 16, 2010: Sega Art Tool, Sega Sound Tool, GEMS 2.8 ROM
- (earlier news)
The Hidden Palace is a community dedicated to the preservation of video game development media (such as prototypes, hardware, source code, artwork, and more). This website can be utilized as a catalog for the items that we and others are able to collect and share.
If you are interested in contributing, please see our How to Contribute page.
- NHL Hockey (Aug 4, 1993 prototype) by Riley
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong (GameCube demo disc USA v16 demo) by Hiccup
- Mario Kart DS (USA kiosk demo) by Hiccup3
- Double Dragon II: The Revenge (sample) by Mathuser
- 3D Pinball: Space Cadet (Apr 26, 1995 prototype) by Riley
- Big Bang Pro Wrestling (Prototype) by Kiddo
- Metal Slug - 2nd Mission (Trial) by Kiddo
- The King of Fighters R-2 (Taikenban) by Kiddo
- Logos Panic GO.A.I.SA.TU. (Satellaview) by Kiddo
- Super Puyo Puyo Tsuu (Satellaview) by Kiddo (more)
We have a couple of goodies to share with you today courtesy of Billscat-socks!
This first prototype that we have is an early prototype of Captain Lang (also known as High Seas Havoc) for the Sega Mega Drive. This prototype contains many unfinished levels that can be played with a level select and debugger that is enabled by default. The exact date of this prototype is unknown, but there’s a lot of missing content.
This next prototype is a late prototype of Mickey Mania for the Sega Mega Drive. This prototype is a later build in comparison to the most common one released years ago by SNEAKERS (which can be dated to sometime before August 9th, 1994). The prototype we have today featured a fully activated level select unlike the previous prototype, a slightly different title screen, and an unfinished version of the final boss stage.
Be sure to also check out the prototype for the Sega CD that was released in 2011. At the moment, we actually don’t know what the differences are between this prototype and the final retail version. If you decide to check it out, be sure to let us know of the differences!
That’s it for today. Stay tuned for more in the upcoming weeks!