- Jan 8 2017: Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure Prototype
- Jun 28 2016: Defender of the Universe (Dreamcast) (Ecco month part 2)
- Jun 17 2016: Ecco II - Sentinels of the Universe (Ecco month part 1)
- May 27, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 4
- May 20, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 3
- May 13, 2016: Final ROM Archive Release Part 2
- May 2, 2016: 10 years of Hidden Palace / Final ROM Archive Release Part 1
- Oct 22, 2011: Tomb Raider E3 Demo
- Oct 12, 2011: Miscellanea
- Mar 22, 2011: 15th Anniversary of Resident Evil
- Jul 30, 2010: Stone Protectors Genesis + Super Mario All-stars
- Jul 20, 2010: Sonic Spinball 1910 5/8
- Jul 16, 2010: Sega Art Tool, Sega Sound Tool, GEMS 2.8 ROM
- (earlier news)
The Hidden Palace is a community dedicated to the preservation of video game development media (such as prototypes, hardware, source code, artwork, and more). This website can be utilized as a catalog for the items that we and others are able to collect and share.
If you are interested in contributing, please see our How to Contribute page.
- Mario Kart DS (USA kiosk demo) by Hiccup3
- Double Dragon II: The Revenge (sample) by Mathuser
- 3D Pinball: Space Cadet (Apr 26, 1995 prototype) by Riley
- Big Bang Pro Wrestling (Prototype) by Kiddo
- Metal Slug - 2nd Mission (Trial) by Kiddo
- The King of Fighters R-2 (Taikenban) by Kiddo
- Logos Panic GO.A.I.SA.TU. (Satellaview) by Kiddo
- Super Puyo Puyo Tsuu (Satellaview) by Kiddo
- Super Puyo Puyo Tsuu Remix (Satellaview) by Kiddo
- Super Nazo Puyo Tsuu: Rulue no Tetsuwan Hanjyouki (Satellaview) by Kiddo (more)
The first (and earliest) prototype was kindly donated to us by “Z” and features many differences in comparison to the final. The title screen is completely different, animations are either unfinished or different all together, each level is unfinished save for the first, music differences, rough “wireframe” models of animated sprites, and more.
The second prototype (v.21) was donated to us by Billscat-socks, and contains more comparable differences to the final game. This build contains many aesthetic differences, such as different object placement, an even more difficult version of the second level, unfinished bonus stages, and an unfinished version of the last level (the fight with Scar).
The third prototype (v.48) was recently released by peekb on ASSEMBler and contains a few differences in comparison to the final game. Be sure to check it out!
That’s all for right now. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for more on the way!
Until next time!