3D Pinball: Space Cadet (June 12, 1995 prototype)
From Hidden Palace
Revision as of 07:46, January 13, 2017 by Riley (Edit Pinball Components)
|3D Pinball: Space Cadet (June 12, 1995 prototype)|
|Download 3D Pinball: Space Cadet (June 12, 1995 prototype) (info)|
A German prototype of 3D Pinball! Space Cadet, that's somewhat close to the final.
- Still Maelstrom / Test Table
- Earliest known build to mention Maxis: does so in the about window.
- Has the same icon (and music and sounds) as the RTM, unlike earlier builds.
- Has the "3D Pinball" splash bitmap. Unknown if this is actually used.
- There's an unused about box in the resources left over from previous builds.
- As in previous builds, the Edit Pinball Components dialog can be opened by editing the resources of PINBALL.EXE to add a new menu item with ID 0x197 (decimal 407). Unlike previous builds, opening the Edit Pinball Components dialog in this build will crash unless the resources of that dialog are changed to remove the " FOR TESTING ONLY" string added to the title bar, because the additional stack space used in modifying the title bar overwrites the return address on the stack.
- In this build, the Edit Pinball Components dialog has changed: selecting a component in the dialog will also highlight that component on the table by drawing a red ring around it.
Thanks to Overdoze and his anonymous source who helped save the build of Windows 95 Plus! containing this prototype from the ether.