Daredevil: The Man Without Fear (Mar 22, 2004 prototype)
|Daredevil: The Man Without Fear (Mar 22, 2004 prototype)
|Download Daredevil: The Man Without Fear (Mar 22, 2004 prototype) (info)
A late prototype of the unreleased Daredevil: The Man Without Fear for the Sony PlayStation 2.
- Late prototype.
- Was a third-person beat ‘em up action game based on the Frank Miller Marvel superhero comic of the same name developed by 5,000 Ft. studios. The game was intended to be published by Encore Inc. and was in development for the Sony PlayStation 2, Microsoft Xbox, and PC. The game was cancelled due to Marvel’s ultimate refusal to approve the game due to the various changes that were made due to Sony’s recommendations that steered far from the original concept the developer had sold to the licensor.
- Due to defects in this build’s mastering, the original build had to be modified to play. Included in the 7z is the original dump along with a version created by SolidSnake11 that should play.
- Game might crash after the first chapter.
- The game uses a silent compilation of footage from an earlier build post title screen.
- The game credits are tentative and don’t have anything listed yet.
- Game contains some game breaking glitches such as getting stuck behind walls.
- Game displays a framerate floating point counter upon death.
We’d like to thank Casuallynoted and an anonymous developer who worked on the game for sending us this prototype! A huge special thanks to SolidSnake for taking a crack at fixing the game so that it could be made playable.
- Announcement article.
- The Cutting Room Floor
- Original article on the game’s development from Kotaku.
- Original article on the game’s development from BetaArchive.
- PtoPOnline YouTube channel’s video
- Article on the Lost Media Wiki