Deadly Skies (May 6, 1996 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Deadly Skies (May 6, 1996 prototype)|
|Download Deadly Skies (May 6, 1996 prototype) (info)|
|Download Deadly Skies (May 6, 1996 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Deadly Skies for the PlayStation.
- Really early, compiled well over a year before the Japanese retail version (unreleased internationally).
- The Coconuts Japan logo animation isn't shown; it shows the "FunCom" screen, followed by the message "and JVC Musical Industries present" divided across 3 screens.
- The intro sequence is very different, featuring a hangar scene not shown in retail. It also does not have the voice-over narration of text.
- At the "Mission Deadly Skies" part of the intro (which is shortened here), the audio cuts off.
- Different loading/title screen
- Very different plane/character selection music and selection menu in general. Different portraits, etc.
- Slower loading screen, and it has music.
- The game simply features VS mode with another plane/character. There are no cut scenes before the gameplay begins.
- Different music during gameplay
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Game contains debugging symbols: N/A
- Dump was originally scrambled: No
|PSX - DS 5-6-96 Mission Deadly Skies.img||File||2020-12-16 09:57:46||302.61 MB||b5f9dec359a34f1f23136977499e5f80a065e258|
|PSX - DS 5-6-96 Mission Deadly Skies.cue||File||2020-12-16 09:46:51||681 bytes||071103188f27aeafed4de712a38c79cbdc63fe77|
|PSX - DS 5-6-96 Mission Deadly Skies.ccd||File||2020-12-16 09:46:51||2.7 KB||fc19a184328af1844f22229b16a31d4226be8394|
|PSX - DS 5-6-96 Mission Deadly Skies.sub||File||2020-12-16 09:58:22||12.35 MB||aaeb20249efbf439f40b9b2c9938ea6d822480e6|
|PSX - DS 5-6-96 Mission Deadly Skies.jpeg||File||2020-12-15 22:58:09||633.3 KB||9d9e3cecc5df82cbd3fe31a0502401a739b34bb7|
A huge thanks to Iniche for doing the initial research on this prototype!