Zapper: One Wicked Cricket! (Jul 2, 2002 prototype)
(Redirected from Zapper (Jul 2, 2002 prototype))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Zapper: One Wicked Cricket! (Jul 2, 2002 prototype)|
|Download Zapper: One Wicked Cricket! (Jul 2, 2002 prototype) (info)|
|Download Zapper: One Wicked Cricket! (Jul 2, 2002 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Zapper for the PlayStation 2.
- An NTSC from 2 months before the final game.
- The title screen has a version number on it near the bottom - 12.07.02.01. Judging by its similarity to a date format, it's possible that this version number represents a build date of July 12th 2002, slightly later than what is suggested by the files.
- The logo that is used on the title screen is very different to the final one.
- The "Press Start" text is placed differently on the title screen.
- The main menu has a developer menu accessible with the circle button. The options it contains are as follows:
- Level Select - does what is says on the tin
- Model Viewer - allows you to view the animations on the Zapper model
- Text Viewer - for viewing each of the text strings in different fonts or against different backgrounds
- View Video - allows you to view the company logo videos and the intro and outro cutscenes. The outro cutscene is a particularly early with some missing effects and geometry changes and has no sound effects whatsoever.
- Unlock Everything - doesn't seem to do much, at least not immediately or obviously
- During gameplay there's a "Press Triangle to be Invincible" message on-screen - pressing Triangle puts the player into a mode where damage taken from enemies is disabled.
- The loading screen is a basic image that uses the early logo for the game.
- Levels have different, generally more basic names.
- The HUD elements take different positions on-screen during gameplay.
- There are some incomplete levels and areas. Levels are often unbeatable and the start of levels in particular are often missing features.
- The map screens are very primitive and unfinished looking, and do not seem to use fog. There's also plenty of missing sound effects in these menus.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|PS2 - Zapper For Preview Only.bin||File||2020-06-12 07:16:30||369.62 MB||a5d01388f4d1baa8e49d3e7592eeb5da91047fda|
|PS2 - Zapper For Preview Only.cue||File||2020-06-12 07:15:41||95 bytes||58fc0dc7ebc33cce5de42f7614140b384d8241cd|
|PS2 - Zapper For Preview Only.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 11:13:44||1.16 MB||cd4697d8718786e8dc77ef44353c5e8977745da8|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!