Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse (Sep 1994 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse (Sep 1994 prototype)|
|Download Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse (Sep 1994 prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
A late prototype of Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse for the Sega Mega Drive.
- A later build in comparison to Mickey Mania: The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse (Jul 1994 prototype).
- The ROM header states that this build is VER=0112. The build date month was determined by the month/year section of the ROM header, but this could be earlier.
- The game is multi region (JUE vs U).
- The words “LICENSED BY SEGA ENTERPRISES, LTD.” is listed underneath the SEGA logo in the prototype. This doesn’t exist in the final build.
- The screen with the Traveller’s Tales logo is different.
- The title screen is slightly different. The logo is purple instead of yellow.
- Level select is enabled by default.
- The unused music from the early prototype has been removed.
- Level Select Differences
- “The Elevator” is named “Up the Lift” in the prototype.
- Certain stage names had whitespace characters removed in the final.
- “Gurney Ride” is named “Trolly Bit” in the prototype.
- “Steps” is named “Big Steps” in the prototype.
- “On the Table” is named “Giant Table” in the prototype.
- “Up the Tower” is named “Pete’s Tower” in the prototype.
- Sound Test Changes
- “CHINK 1” has been renamed to “CLINK 1” in the final.
- “CHINK 2” has been renamed to “CLINK 2” in the final.
- “DIE” has been renamed to “EXPLODE 3” in the final.
- “HMMMM” has been renamed to “THINK” in the final.
- “SQUAWK” and “WOOF” do not exist in the prototype.
- The stage “Mickey and the Beanstalk” is called “Fun and Fancy Free” in the prototype’s title card screen, and contains extra whitespace characters after the string.
- Help Screen Differences
- The help screen says “PICK UP AND THROW” instead of “THROW MARBLES” like in the final.
- The help screen says “MAKES THE LEVEL EASIER” instead of “LEVEL RESTART” like in the final.
- The “AIM OF THE GAME” screen after the help screen is missing in the prototype.
- The Ending text is missing in the prototype.
- Level Completion Screen Differences:
- The level complete screen for the Prince and Pauper stage says “MICKEY MUST NOW FACE THE MIGHT OF PETE IN THE FINAL SHOWDOWN” instead of “MICKEY MUST FACE THE BIGGEST PETE OF ALL IN THE FINAL SHOWDOWN”.
- The level completion screen for the Mad Doctor screen says “Whoops” instead of “Yikes”, and “DID NOT” instead of “DIDN’T”.
- The level completion screen for the Lonesome Ghost stage says “MICKEY HAS ESCAPED THE LONESOME GHOSTS AND HAS FOUND LONESOME MICKEY” instead of “LONESOME GHOST MICKEY HAS BEEN RESCUED AND MICKEY HAS ESCAPED”.
- The level completion screen for the bonus level awards three extra lives in the prototype where it awards one extra continue in the final.
- The unused time warp screen (that’s exclusive to the SNES version of the game) says “OUTSTANDING” instead of “WILD”.
- The screen that displays if you fall out of the bonus level says “UNLUCKY” instead of “OOOPS”.
- The continue screen says “PRESS A KEY TO HELP MICKEY CONTINUE HIS QUEST” rather than “PRESS A BUTTON TO HELP MICKEY CONTINUE HIS ADVENTURE”.
- Options Screen Differences:
- Easy difficulty hasn’t been implemented yet. Only Normal and Hard difficulty exists in this prototype.
- The amount of lives that you can start off with are one less life that you can choose from in the final.
- Stage Differences:
- The final boss area lacks the final boss, but the stage is playable.
Obtaining/dumping/freely releasing the prototype: Billscat-socks.