Urban Chaos (May 5, 1999 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Urban Chaos (May 5, 1999 prototype)|
|Download Urban Chaos (May 5, 1999 prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
|Download Urban Chaos (May 5, 1999 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Urban Chaos for the PC.
- This build was likely used to record a demo for or do a live demonstration at E3 1999. The preview video provided below by GameStar.de was released the same day listed as the one on disc. This footage appears to be of this build.
- This is a unstable build and crashes easily and best results are achieved by pressing F1 after launch to run in windowed mode.
- Readme.txt in the games root directory outlines the basic controls.
- In the data directory the file urban.sty defines the maps listed after selecting Start from the main menu. A earlier version of urban.sty is also in the data directory named _urban.sty and the one I modified to add additional unlisted maps named urban.sty.modified. Rename whichever file you want to try to urban.sty and load the game. Multiplayer map only accessible with two alternative urban.sty
- Workspace ucw files for built in mission editor are in the maps folder if you would like to figure out how to use the editor.
A very special thanks to SolidSnake11 for cracking and removing watermark on this build! Without his help a release wouldn't be possible.