|Aeon Flux (Nov 18, 1996 prototype)
||Nov 18, 1996
||Cut Into Fourteen Pieces
||CVLT OF OSIRIS
|File release date
||February 20, 2019
A prototype of the unreleased Aeon Flux game for the PlayStation. This build is from 1996-11-18, and includes the entire second mission (7 levels).
- This unreleased game was later reworked (with significant changes) into Pax Corpus after the publisher lost the rights to Aeon Flux.
- While in aiming mode, press Square quickly to fire the pistol, or do nothing to leave aiming mode.
- The inventory screen does not provide good feedback that a secondary weapon has been selected. Use the D-pad to rotate to either the grenade or sticky grenade, then press select to exit the menu. The weapon can then be used by pressing Triangle.
- Aiming mode is used as in Pax Corpus, to aim at security cameras and other destructable environmental elements.
- In the cheat menu, use the Select button to toggle or choose menu entries.
- Many sections of this build (especially in the "cave" level) are inaccessible without using turning collision off in the cheat menu.
- Only mission 2 is present in this build, even though other areas are listed in the level-select menu.
- D-Pad: Turn, move forward/back
- Cross (short press): Pistol-whip, or interact with object
- Cross (hold): Pistol-whip 2x, then spin-kick
- Square (short press): Fire pistol
- Square (hold): Enter aiming mode
- Triangle: Secondary weapon (after selecting in inventory)
- Circle: Jump or roll forward
- Circle + Down: Handspring backward
- L1 (hold): First-person view
- L2: Crouch left
- R1 (hold): Run
- R2: Crouch right
- R2 + Down + Cross: Pick up item
- Select: Inventory
- Start: Cheat/level-select menu