Alien Resurrection (Oct 19, 1998 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Alien Resurrection (Oct 19, 1998 prototype)|
|Download Alien Resurrection (Oct 19, 1998 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Alien Resurrection from October 19, 1998.
- Title screen differs from final.
- No background image or build date, this build simply just says "Press Start".
- This prototype uses a third person view, very similar to Tomb Raider. Prototypes past the December 1998 build use a 3/4 top down third person view instead.
- The HUD differs from final, and differs from later 1998 builds too. The top right where the weapon displayed is incorrect here, while it is corrected in later builds.
- Only levels 7 and 8 are playable. Level 6 does load, but it's an empty level that you can't move in.
- Controls differ from final, they are as follows:
- Triangle - Jump
- X - Shoot
- Circle - Shoot backwards
- L1 - Switch between running and walking.
- L2 - Locks player in spot to spin freely.
- R2 - Locks camera at an angle.
- Level 8 is a swimming test level, however, at this point in development water hadn't been implemented yet, so you can only run around the room.