Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (Prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (Prototype)|
|Download Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (Prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
A prototype of Alone in the Dark for the Game Boy Color.
- Early prototype.
- European build.
- The initial trademark screens have a slightly grayer color palette while the final build made the palette slightly red.
- No Alone in the Dark trademark screen before the title screen in this build.
- Different languages to select from despite being a European build.
- Different font on the title screen. The final uses an icon of a flashlight on the main menu while this build uses an asterisk.
- Selecting CREDITS from the main menu crashes the game.
- The save game slot select spells out the slot number while the final uses a decimal number instead.
- Different PAUSE menu. The menu in this build lacks the sprite and the highlight colors have been inverted.
- The cutscene graphics are slightly worse in comparison to the final build.
- No sound effects in game.
- Grammar and text changes. The different font from the main menu is used in this build for the cutscenes as well.
- Different item icons.
- Upon leaving the first area, the cutscene that normally appears after walking foward a bit uses different dialog that explains that this particular build is a test build.
|Alone in the Dark (Prototype).gbc||ROM file||2019-12-22 21:22:06||4 MB||ROM file.||120e2dd012cfe47a7e37cc91fcbbce92494bdf2a|
Special thanks to Frank Cifaldi at the Video Game History Foundation and the anonymous donor for this part of the lot! A huge thanks to ehw for researching this prototype!
- New Years 2022 (January 1, 2022)
- The Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)
- Video Game History Foundation (VGHF)