Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1 (Apr 11, 1997 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1 (Apr 11, 1997 prototype)|
|Download Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1 (Apr 11, 1997 prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
An early prototype of Arcade's Greatest Hits: The Atari Collection 1 for the SNES.
- The copyright year on the title screen is 1996 instead of 1997. The font color is gray in the prototype and gold in the final.
- The prototype was presented by Williams Entertainment while the final is presented by Midway Games. The font used on this screen is slightly different as well.
- The special thanks credit for Dave Larson hasn't been added yet in the prototype. The Producer credit was changed to Executive Producer for the final.
- On the game select screen, the color of the arrow is purple in the prototype while it's gold in the final.
- The font colors used throughout the menus are different between each version.
- For Asteroids, you have to hold A to propel your ship. In the final version, you can use the D-Pad to propel forward.
- It takes a while to load Battle Zone in the prototype. The game is also missing all of its sound effects in the prototype.
- Centipede is missing all of the sound effects in the prototype. In the prototype, the high score screen displays briefly when loading the game.
- The original title screen is displayed very quickly in the prototype whereas it goes right into the gameplay in the final. Sound effects are missing in the prototype version. The arrow next to your score is blue instead of red like in the final.
- For Breakout, the ping pong balls are white in the prototype while they're yellow in the final. The timing on some of the screens are different between the two versions as well.
- Tempest is missing its sound effects. The game boots to a title screen while the final boots into a level select.
Special thanks to Baker64 for this release!