Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Apr 2, 2002 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Apr 2, 2002 prototype)|
|Download Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Apr 2, 2002 prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
|Download Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Apr 2, 2002 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the Xbox.
- Compiled three and a half months before the final US build (the first available retail build).
- Different opening video, the resolution is smaller for some reason.
- The game has the text "v3.103 system" on the bottom right corner of the screen visible at all times.
- This build of the game outputs many error/verbose message logs on screen, usually during certain cutscenes.
- There's an option to change the difficulty in the Options menu that was cut from the final game.
- An option to enable/disable tips is missing from the display options menu.
- The start game screen is slightly different in this build. One notable difference is that this build tells you how many total blocks are on the current storage device, whereas the final build only tells you how many total free blocks are avaialbe instead.
- The profile selection is on its own separate screen in this build whereas its part of the device selection menu in the final.
- The Spanish Mission title text is displayed on the top left and is missing the location and exact time. The final includes this extra bit of information and was moved to the top right of the screen instead.
- The candle model in the first puzzle of the game is not a lantern like in the final.
- Different or missing comments from Buffy during gameplay.
- Missing ambient sound effects.
- XBE information:
- Internal Name: Buffy: The Vampire S
- Maker ID and Product Number: EA-18
- Executable Name: default.xbe
- Executable checksum (MD5): 3e9d30df97eb484a27f48335a0678d49
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (Xemu) (as of September 12, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|Xbox - Buffy the Vampire Slayer for preview.bin||File||2021-03-10 12:44:43||1.49 GB||5201c44a0fb7b0ab10767e57badeddf44fc6d20f|
|Xbox - Buffy the Vampire Slayer for preview.cue||File||2021-03-10 12:44:44||109 bytes||7c6aeb78edd8d1d839867d7e36a93aec5fffd24d|
|Xbox - Buffy the Vampire Slayer for preview.jpeg||File||2021-04-09 22:13:29||1.97 MB||e9d440a4b4d63682399d351688d9519da8c8ce29|
A huge thanks to ehw for researching this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!
- Project Deluge: Xbox and Dreamcast (September 18, 2021)
- The Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)