|Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2 (May 10, 2005 prototype)
||May 10, 2005 22:32:06
||Released, redump needed
|File release date
||March 20, 2021
||Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2 PS2 Preview Code 6-22-05
||Memorex MRX-650LE v6 AM61 (CloneCD)
||Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2
|| PlayStation 2
||JP Unreleased |
US Jul 26, 2005
||JP Unreleased |
US Sep 27, 2005
A prototype of Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2 for the PlayStation 2.
- An NTSC build seemingly dated two and a half months before the final, though going by the date written on the disc it could be as late as just over a month before the final game.
- Most of the main menu icons are unfinished and contain placeholder text which says "[Gameplay mode]??????????" - translated into English, this essentially says "This will be a screenshot of [gameplay mode]".
- Some menu options don't seem to work yet.
- The outfit list in the shop menu contains crudely drawn placeholder icons with some Japanese text stating the name of each of the outfits. However, these Japanese names actually don't always match the outfit name, as if the icons have been permuted for whatever reason.
- Some tracks are missing icons or have early, unfinished icons.
- Pressing the Select button during play turns on "Auto Mode", which causes the game to play itself with perfect precision.
- Some of the audio dialogue is in Japanese.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
| PS2 - Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2 PS2 Preview Code 6-22-05.iso
|| 2020-05-11 21:43:14
|| 1.71 GB
| PS2 - Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2 PS2 Preview Code 6-22-05.dvd
|| 2020-05-11 20:32:27
|| 48 bytes
| PS2 - Dance Dance Revolution Extreme 2 PS2 Preview Code 6-22-05.jpeg
|| 2020-05-21 15:38:25
|| 1.27 MB
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!