Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX (Jul 25, 2000 prototype)
|Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX (Jul 25, 2000 prototype)|
|Download Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX (Jul 25, 2000 prototype) (info)|
|Error: The download file provided does not exist, please upload it or fix the file name if it's incorrect.|
An NTSC-U build of Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX for the Sony PlayStation.
Built 25 days before the first available final version for this serial number. [SLUS-01026]
This build is known to have travelled around the internet since at least 2005, but has fallen under people's radar. Saved and preserved back in 2007, this build was re-released on September 7, 2021. The origins of this build are currently unknown.
- There are no FMV's in this build, therefore no movies play in the main menu after being idle either.
- A crash handler is enabled by default in this build.
- All levels and bikes are available in Freeride and Session mode from the start.
- The riders in the selection menu have different photos, Shaun Butler, Troy McMurray and Tim Mirra have a placeholder image.
- Tim Mirra's face is covered with a smiley in the style selection.
- Choosing the "no sound" option in the sound menu crashes the game.
- A set of beep sounds can be heard in-game when on-screen text appears and disappears.
- Some challenge object highlights are different.
- The stage select screen uses different level preview images, some depicting earlier versions of the levels.
- Some of them are missing vertex lighting.
- Two additional test camera options are available.
- The game credit sequence has not been implemented yet.
- Some levels are still unfinished.
- In Vail Trail you can ride on top of the train without being hurt, also there is a section behind a fence where the floor still has collisions and you could be trapped there (the floor collisions were eliminated on the final build, probably to avoid this).
- In Pier 10 water has collisions as any other floor so you can ride on it without drowning.
- In Westward Cliffs there is a section where you can fall out of bounds, this has been fixed on the final build. Also you can't bounce on top of the lifeguard station.
- Some levels have a different starting point.
- The game may crash when falling out of bounds.
Special thanks to LedInfrared for the initial research and preservation of this rare gem!