Disney's The Emperor's New Groove (Aug 21, 2000 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Disney's The Emperor's New Groove (Aug 21, 2000 prototype)|
|Download Disney's The Emperor's New Groove (Aug 21, 2000 prototype) (info)|
|Download Disney's The Emperor's New Groove (Aug 21, 2000 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Disney's The Emperor's New Groove for the PlayStation.
- An NTSC-U build dated almost two months before the final.
- The pre-title Argonaut logo screen is more basic.
- The title screen is a bit different and features a 3D logo of "Emperor's New Groove".
- The logo begins with "Disney's" rather than "Walt Disney".
- The title theme is a slightly extended mix with lyrics, rather than the instrumental mix used in the final.
- Using the "cancel" button on options menus simply resets the changes made to the menu, rather than resetting the changes and exiting the menu.
- The map screen looks slightly different to the one used in the final.
- Pressing left on the map screen unlocks a level select.
- It is very easy to crash the game with the level select as you can easily pick levels which don't exist. You're also given the option to change the "world" number from 1 to 6, but it seems as though only world 1 was ever used, resulting in the other five crashing the game.
- Loading screens differ in appearance from the one used in the final, in particular looking quite a bit more basic.
- The charge move used with the quare button does not appear to be implemented yet.
- Some sound effects are missing.
- Most of the audio dialogue is missing, and the small amount which is in uses dev recordings, often with voices not even coming close to matching the character. Perhaps the developers' sense of humor?
- Dialogue sometimes does not exactly match the written dialogue, too.
- Most levels are missing their pre-level and post-level cutscenes using clips from the film. Several levels do have intro and outro cutscenes, but they use a clip from a trailer for the film as a placeholder.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Game contains debugging symbols: No
- Dump was originally scrambled: No
|PSX - ENG 8-29 Preview Emperor's New Groove.img||File||2020-12-12 22:41:59||495.62 MB||2b859bd7e96813e273749942ef7374e693b06a78|
|PSX - ENG 8-29 Preview Emperor's New Groove.cue||File||2020-12-12 22:26:33||107 bytes||297fc103115a3f0db106fd382f838ff956c9595f|
|PSX - ENG 8-29 Preview Emperor's New Groove.ccd||File||2020-12-12 22:26:32||771 bytes||1c826c06113e36bf4b80add4e074f14a6fe2585f|
|PSX - ENG 8-29 Preview Emperor's New Groove.sub||File||2020-12-12 22:43:02||20.23 MB||f8e664c3743250d24fc857ca7a36b01bf6a1c7cb|
|PSX - ENG 8-29 Preview Emperor's New Groove.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 12:14:15||1.01 MB||0b417fe2aee7b93d736982aeb50f36ce03162770|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype!