Disney-Pixar Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue! (May 7, 1999 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Disney-Pixar Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue! (May 7, 1999 prototype)|
|Download Disney-Pixar Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue! (May 7, 1999 prototype) (info)|
|Download Disney-Pixar Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue! (May 7, 1999 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Disney-Pixar Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue! for the PlayStation.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- An NTSC build dated five months before the final.
- Identical to the build present in the PlayStation Underground Winter Jampack '99 Demo disc, with some exceptions.
- Title screen is the same as in the Jampack demo, but now contains a main menu.
- The options screen has no controller configuration options and has a more stylistic "Etch-a-sketch" look to the text.
- The player is given the choice to choose from three different levels. Graphics for this level select screen are present in the Jampack demo but go unused as the player is only given the first level to play.
- Some textures in Andy's House's level geometry are drastically different, such as walls on the living room and cabinets on the kitchen.
- A vent that connects a shelf in the living room to the kitchen can be seen, but cannot be entered. In even earlier footage of the game, the vent in the kitchen was opened and had a shelf that the player could get to.
- The game contains a number of unused levels - this also includes levels 4 to 9, none of which are found unused in the Jampack demo version, unlike the other levels.
- Also present in the Jampack demo:
- The Traveller's Tales animation in the pre-title logo sequence is kept from A Bug's Life.
- Loading screens are a bit more basic in design and differ quite a bit from the final.
- The coin textures are less detailed.
- The help cubes are designed differently and placed in different places throughout the levels.
- Some of the HUD icons look different.
- There's a demo timeout which sends the player back to the main menu if the game is left for too long.
- No music or voice acting.
- "Slime Time" is called "Dark Alley" here.
- The level ends immediately after collecting a single token.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Game contains debugging symbols: No
- Dump was originally scrambled: No
|PSX - Toy Story 2 Preview.img||File||2020-12-15 00:26:47||27.24 MB||59f96d61f0d75f5ee0f50ee101ab19bad25f9156|
|PSX - Toy Story 2 Preview.cue||File||2020-12-15 00:25:53||89 bytes||b04b6ccd737579e9de27a204129920b20cc32eda|
|PSX - Toy Story 2 Preview.ccd||File||2020-12-15 00:25:53||771 bytes||e0c2880d39ca3dea277e4f9ad86571cdda5b972d|
|PSX - Toy Story 2 Preview.sub||File||2020-12-15 00:26:51||1.11 MB||72e1565bfbc6eee1c7e6c12b8e062790c7625206|
|PSX - Toy Story 2 Preview.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 12:15:43||871.8 KB||559b90d263d95e452519d8d779fe732a102af336|
A huge thanks to Hwd45 for doing the initial research on this prototype!