Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors (Japanese Prototype)
|Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors (Japanese Prototype)
|Download Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors (Japanese Prototype) (info)
A prototype of Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for the Game Boy Color.
- Boots straight into a basic title screen. No Banpresto trademark screen or opening screen.
- Title screen is very simple with only the Dragon Ball Z logo and a PUSH START prompt. No trademark information at all.
- Japanese prototype.
- Text changes.
- The "Multiplayer" and "Random Battle' features found at the Title Screen are unlockable identically as the final, and are locked by default.
- The unlockable mode Random Battle looks and plays identical. Multiplayer looks identical, untested functionality.
- The game is feature complete and is in a state where it needs final touches and polish, especially in the gameplay department.
- The story elements feels completely finished, sounds and all. The hub world too.
- General Differences
- The credits are completely missing at this point.
- Finishing Story 30 sends you straight to the "The End" screen after the story dialogue. Pressing start there to start New Game+ still works. Pressing nothing for 3 seconds sends you back to the title screen.
- Unlike the final release you can only move your character to the right once, meaning you can't force your enemy out of defending position.
- Answering questions in the first hub world does not freeze input while a sound plays unlike the final.
- Sound Differences
- The sound effect that plays when receiving a card is missing.
- The sound effect that plays when a character moves during a "stage attack" phase is missing.
- The sound effect that plays when "Turn change" appears is missing.
- The sound effect that plays when you are in "attacking" or "defense" phase are missing.
- The sound effect that plays when the star in the HUD appears after each turn is missing.
- The sound effect that plays after losing a battle is missing.
- The sound effect that plays after leveling up a character is missing.
- The sound effect that plays when a character moves during their defensive turn is missing.
- The sound effect that plays when a stat decrease card is played is different
- The sound effect that plays when putting a star to a stat (received when leveling up) are missing.
- When you fail to finish the stage attack inputs the sound effect that plays when pressing A or B at the enemy are missing.
- Visual differences
- The ability icon found in the card descriptions of ability cards are missing.
- The instructions that appear when moving your character and what bonus each spot gives is missing.
- When using a stage attack card the timer only shows how long you take, where in the final it shows how long you take and how long you have.
|Dragon Ball Z - Legendary Super Warriors (Japanese Prototype).gbc
Special thanks to Frank Cifaldi at the Video Game History Foundation and the anonymous donor for this part of the lot! A huge thanks to ehw for researching this prototype!
- New Years 2022 (January 1, 2022)
- The Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)
- Video Game History Foundation (VGHF)