Ecco the Dolphin (Jun 14, 1993 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Ecco the Dolphin (Jun 14, 1993 prototype)|
|Download Ecco the Dolphin (Jun 14, 1993 prototype) (info, raw dump)|
An early prototype of Ecco the Dolphin for the Game Gear.
- In this build, the SEGA has a slightly different transition from fade in. There is also no sound at the SEGA logo. In the final build, a sound sample plays instead.
- On the title screen, the normal title theme bgm plays. In the final, a second sound sample plays before playing the title bgm.
- This build has "Copyright Sega of America Developed by Novotrade" written underneath the logo. In the final, it says "(C) 1993 SEGA Developed by Novotrade". The "Novotrade" credit in the prototype is the same style font as the rest of the text, whereas it uses its own font in the final.
- There are no gameplay demos post title screen in this build, unlike the final.
- In the prototype, Ecco sits still when idling. In the final, he bobs up and down.
- The sonar screen lacks the wave effect in the prototype.
- The sonar map for the first area lacks terrain on the bottom of the map. This was filled in for the final.
- Pressing B1 while on the sonar screen brings up a debug menu. In the final, this menu is still present but requires a button combination at the sonar screen to access.
|Ecco the Dolphin (Jun 14, 1993 prototype).gg||File||2019-10-29 07:32:19||512 KB||070298f87402e874576f295828edde142482a085|
- This release is part of Hidden Palace's Holiday 2019 release event. Click here for more information on the other releases from this period.
- The Cutting Room Floor
Special thanks to the kind folks at The Cutting Room Floor for playing a big part in obtaining this prototype.