|Gex Jr. (Jan 25, 2001 prototype)
||January 25, 2001
||Gex Jr. Demo Revised
||Released, redump needed
|File release date
||April 2, 2022
A short demo of the unreleased and unannounced game Gex Jr. for the Sony PlayStation.
- This prototype contains only one short playable level and repeats the level every time you finish it.
- The level has a few soda cans that Gex Jr. can collect. Collecting one plays a gulping sound, but it doesn't show how many soda cans you've collected since the HUD doesn't exist.
- Gex Jr's voice lines reference a few TV Shows, Movies, and Game Shows. These voice lines reference Teletubbies, Blue's Clues, Star Wars, and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.
- Gex Jr. has two unused voice lines found within the game's files. There's one where he exhales, (Would've been played if Gex Jr. collects a soda can.) and one where he shouts "Yikes!". (Would've been played if Gex Jr. takes damage supposedly.)
- The Model Viewer cycles through Gex Jr's animations.
Use the D-Pad or the Left Analog Stick to move. While the shoulder buttons don't seem to have any function in-game - they do output text to the debug console like the current framerate, camera/character positions, etc...
- Press START to open a model viewer.
- Up / Down moves Gex Jr. up and down.
- Left / Right rotates Gex Jr. clockwise or counter clockwise.
- Press X to jump.
- Press Square for tail spin.
- Press Triangle to fart.
- Press Circle for tongue attack.
- Pressing SELECT causes the demo to crash. This was maybe used for crash dumping or crash testing.
- Pressing any action button after completing the level freezes you in-place until you press START twice to reset.
- Pressing the jump button in mid-air after falling off a ledge still makes you jump, but you just continue falling.
- "We (ImageBuilder) had been working on breaking into the console game market, up until this time we mainly made CD Rom Edutainment titles for other companies like; Disney, Hasbro, Discovery Channel, Activision, etc..., these were for the most part 2D animated games sometimes with 3D rendered elements."
- "DINO was a little fun game we put together to test out all our new skills with 3D."
- "Our artists were all trying to learn how to build and animate characters using Maya."
- "Dino was a little dinosaur character demo, like Gex Jr. The dinosaur character was very cute. As I remember, he roared and trotted around, possibly shot his tongue out as an attack like Gex."
- "As far as Gex Jr, I'm not positive, but I don't think we were producing Gex Jr. for any company, but were making it in hopes of selling the idea."
- "I don't really recall if Gex Jr. was a younger version, or Son, or what."
- "As far as Gex f***ing... you did play the games right? Remember the babe Agent Xtra?... I'm just sayin."
The previous dump of this prototype had some errors. A corrected dump of this prototype was made with CloneCD free from errors.
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 2, 2022).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Game contains debugging symbols: N/A