Gex Jr. (Jan 25, 2001 prototype)
(Redirected from Gex Jr. (January 25, 2001 prototype))Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Gex Jr. (Jan 25, 2001 prototype)|
|Download Gex Jr. (Jan 25, 2001 prototype) (info)|
|Download Gex Jr. (Jan 25, 2001 prototype) from external mirror|
A short demo of the unreleased and unannounced game Gex Jr. for the Sony PlayStation.
- This prototype contains only one short playable level and repeats the level every time you finish it.
- The level has a few soda cans that Gex Jr. can collect. Collecting one plays a gulping sound, but it doesn't show how many soda cans you've collected since the HUD doesn't exist.
- Gex Jr's voice lines reference a few TV Shows, Movies, and Game Shows. These voice lines reference Teletubbies, Blue's Clues, Star Wars, and Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.
- Gex Jr. has two unused voice lines found within the game's files. There's one where he exhales, (Would've been played if Gex Jr. collects a soda can.) and one where he shouts "Yikes!". (Would've been played if Gex Jr. takes damage supposedly.)
- The Model Viewer cycles through Gex Jr's animations.
Use the D-Pad or the Left Analog Stick to move. While the shoulder buttons don't seem to have any function in-game - they do output text to the debug console like the current framerate, camera/character positions, etc...
- Press START to open a model viewer.
- Up / Down moves Gex Jr. up and down.
- Left / Right rotates Gex Jr. clockwise or counter clockwise.
- Press X to jump.
- Press Square for tail spin.
- Press Triangle to fart.
- Press Circle for tongue attack.
- Pressing SELECT causes the demo to crash. This was maybe used for crash dumping or crash testing.
- Pressing any action button after completing the level freezes you in-place until you press START twice to reset.
- Pressing the jump button in mid-air after falling off a ledge still makes you jump, but you just continue falling.
The previous dump of this prototype had some errors. A corrected dump of this prototype was made with CloneCD free from errors.
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 2, 2022).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Game contains debugging symbols: N/A