Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Aug 28, 2003 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Aug 28, 2003 prototype)|
|Download Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Aug 28, 2003 prototype) (info)|
A late prototype of Grabbed by the Ghoulies for the Microsoft Xbox.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- Dated roughly a month before the first available final build.
- Text on the title screen says press any button instead of press start.
- All of the save movies are actually footage from the E3 2003 challenges rather than character animations that represent the chapter in question.
- The Play Demos option is missing from the features menu.
- A placeholder locked icon is used for the bonus challenges.
- The deleted cutscene where Crivens gives Cooper a chair is still present on the first level.
- Contains quite a few lines that would either be changed or removed from the retail version, presumably to keep an E rating.
- Most weapons have their own unique icon. Weapons would use just one generic icon in the final.
- A strip curtain appears in front of the freezer's entrance in the kitchen.
- Ninja Imps are colored differently.
- A different sound plays when Medusa looks for the player.
- The Baron von Ghoul boss battle appears to have not been completed yet. The Red Baron section is completely skipped, and the player only has to keep beating him with his cane to finish the level.
- The prisoner icon is different.
- Ma Soupswill only has a small spoon to beat the imps in Chapter 5 Scene 13. This would later be changed to a big spoon in the final.
- A trophy graphic appears after winning bonus challenges instead of a medal.
Original release thread on ObscureGamers. (Archive)