Konami International Rally Racing (May 7, 1999 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Konami International Rally Racing (May 7, 1999 prototype)|
|Download Konami International Rally Racing (May 7, 1999 prototype) (info)|
|Download Konami International Rally Racing (May 7, 1999 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Konami International Rally Racing for the PlayStation.
The Cutting Room Floor research
- Unreleased game by Konami. It was originally announced at E3 1999 as Konami Rally for a November 1999 release.
- DEBUG folder includes memory map, debug symbol file and CEP (PsyQ generated executable) for the executable.
- After the Konami logo, 3 attract replays featuring two AI cars show Sanremo, Sweden and Finland tracks in a repeating sequential order until X or Start is pressed. The Konami logo will appear again after the end of each replay.
- The main menu features a car selection screen with car stats and 3 cars available in total.
- Only Rallye Finland Training stage is playable.
- If the player remains idle for a bit, the game will automatically make the selections and begin the stage.
- Controls are the following: X for acceleration; Triangle changes the camera between 1st and 3rd person view (including rear-view mirror); Circle for brake and reverse; Square for handbrake; L1 for rear view.
- Voice and on-screen arrow navigation guides the player for upcoming turns and dangers on the road.
- There is a countdown timer rather than stopwatch which suggests that this is very likely a time-limited demonstration build.
- After the end of a successful attempt's replay or time out, a screen will appear with the "Coming This Winter" text on it revealing that the game was planned to be released in the winter of 1999.
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable: Yes (as of April 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
- Game contains debugging symbols: Yes.
- Dump was originally scrambled: No.
|PSX - International Rally Racing Preview.img||File||2020-12-13 06:29:02||282.73 MB||c1ca2a9fe15a46575c486a9f46adf6718d198fee|
|PSX - International Rally Racing Preview.cue||File||2020-12-13 06:25:35||104 bytes||add723f9f89cd27c4e709dd141c75ae2f82dacd5|
|PSX - International Rally Racing Preview.ccd||File||2020-12-13 06:25:35||772 bytes||36f902403b62ca5bcd8569b1911da932527074fb|
|PSX - International Rally Racing Preview.sub||File||2020-12-13 06:29:17||11.54 MB||e7d22ebb49456d389b9c0ab01ecad9ac573f74f3|
|PSX - International Rally Racing Preview.jpeg||File||2021-03-14 12:14:32||591.7 KB||bf5d177ba1edc3bb6ffeffceb0a0c08fcfb5dcba|
A huge thanks to Iniche for doing the initial research on this prototype!
- Project Deluge: PlayStation 1, Saturn, and CD-i (April 17, 2021)
- Cutting Room Floor (TCRF)
- Internet Archive (IA)