Kya: Dark Lineage (Sep 29, 2003 prototype)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Kya: Dark Lineage (Sep 29, 2003 prototype)|
|Download Kya: Dark Lineage (Sep 29, 2003 prototype) (info)|
|Download Kya: Dark Lineage (Sep 29, 2003 prototype) from external mirror|
A prototype of Kya: Dark Lineage for the PlayStation 2.
- A few weeks built before the final build
- This version contains an hidden Cheat menu, which can be revealed by pausing the game and entering the button combo L1 R2 L2 R1 Up Up Left Square Right Circle Start Start (in the final game, this button combo activates a cheat that refills the player's health). The cheat menu contains these options:
- Flying (On/Off), which allows the player to press R2+R3 to enter flying mode, where they can move freely using the analog stick, and Cross and Triangle to change the altitude. All damage and death triggers are disabled
- Invincibility (On/Off)
- Default life/Life restored to max, which refills the player's health
- Money (No changes/1000 nutties), which sets the nooties (mispelled as nutties) count to 1000
- Capabilities (On/Off), which when enabled gives the player all Boomies, ability items, receptacle, all bracelets up to the black one, and also increases the magika limit to 500 without giving the runes. Disabling the option afterwards won't take away the items
- Shell elevators (Default/Open), which opens all shell elevators from all worlds. Like Capabilities, disabling it afterwards won't close the elevators
- Display debug info (On/Off), when enabled the game shows some info on the screen regarding the current map, Kya's current position, EE RAM, IOP RAM, sound RAM (?), and some colour indicators speculated to be related to disc access and memory card I/O
- An option that lets the player play cutscenes found in the current map, some options don't work or are stubbed
- An option that lets the player teleport to any world (1-12)
- Both this build and the final version of the game contain a secret level on the disc (Level 13), thought to be normally inaccessible during gameplay, and it's not listed as an option here either
- An option that lets the player teleport to any checkpoint in the current world
- The credits have a different music track that's not found in the final game
- The final PAL version of the game has the song Sweet Soca Music, while the NTSC version reuses the Jamgut theme
- Miscellaneous Notes:
- Game is emulatable (in PCSX2): Yes (as of March 17, 2021).
- Game contains dongle protection: No.
|PS2 - Kya Dark Lineage Press Preview Build 10-1-03.bin||File||2020-05-26 06:27:58||1.81 GB||c4a44f5ebc7aa1b789457765cb8a30937250487c|
|PS2 - Kya Dark Lineage Press Preview Build 10-1-03.cue||File||2020-05-26 05:28:50||116 bytes||634a1bc37969f84eb091c4b77cefd74758850afc|
|PS2 - Kya Dark Lineage Press Preview Build 10-1-03.jpeg||File||2020-05-27 16:00:42||1.24 MB||93ff69fd96a2d6013bd0d97ec8b8338e5a82c69d|
A huge thanks to Nex for doing the initial research on this prototype! And a huge thanks to the anonymous donor that allowed for this release to happen!