|Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (Jan 23, 1999 prototype)
||Jan 23, 1999
||Released, redump needed
||CVLT OF OSIRIS
|File release date
||May 13, 2020
||Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
||EU Jul 16, 1999|
US Jul 28, 1999
US Aug 16, 1999
Prototype/prerelease build of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver for the PlayStation from 1999-01-23 (about 6 months before the game was released).
- This prototype features early versions of most areas, as well as two major deleted areas (Undercity and Lair/Morlock).
- This build does not include save/load capability, but you can access all of the game world using a combination of the debugging menu and fast movement.
- Press square + circle to open the debugging menu.
- Hold start and use the D-pad to use fast/vertical movement.
- Target TK projectiles by holding triangle, then also pressing and holding L2 + R2 to enter lookaround mode. Fire by releasing triangle. They don't affect many objects in this build, but break some windows and open some doors.
- Target possession projectiles the same as TK projectiles, but using O instead of triangle. These don't seem to do anything in this build.
- Trigger some unfinished events by pressing triangle + X.
- Includes full debugging symbols.
Special thanks to Gh0stBlade and the other anonymous heroes who saved this gem from the scrapyard.